2006 jeep unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2006 jeep unlimited

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Peterson1

2006 jeep unlimited

I am Looking to buy a 2006 unlimited jeep. There is a rattle when I push the clutch in that sounds like it is coming from the transmission area it goes away when I let up on the clutch. The air conditioner does not blow cold air, the fan works fine, and the back of the top is ripped. What do you think it would cost to fix these things? and what do you think is wrong with the air and the rattling from the clutch? "asap please" might buy it this weekend. Thank you JP

Peterson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
hal2814
2008 JK Wrangler 

Given when it happens, the clutch noise is probably the throwout bearing. May as well change the clutch while you're in there. So you could chalk that up to the cost of a clutch change. When my throwout bearing went out, my mechanic did the clutch, throwout bearing, input shaft bearing, and rear main seal. That cost me $800 but my mechanic isn't the cheapest around. If you're wrenching your own, the parts are pretty cheap. I've never had an AC issue with a TJ. Typical soft tops are $300-$800 depending on how nice you want them. I imagine the LJ is going to be a bit more expensive due to its relatively short run. Just price out replacement tops and make sure you're looking at LJs instead of regular TJs or JKUs. You won't need another frame if it's just a rip.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.