2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
corndiesel

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I'm looking for a long wheel base Jeep Wrangler. Found this one about 45 minutes from me. What do you think? Is it worth that price.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=1

corndiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Tdog02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think its worth it? You may be able to negotiate the price down. I think at 13900 it would be a very good deal. Some points for negotiation: spare is different, how good a job was done on lift? Lights? Condition of top? Winch? Rust? Maintenance on the jeep? Since it's from a dealer, make sure mileage is correct (computer and dash agree). The side emblems are gone, what model is it?

It depends on if it's right for you. Good luck!
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

$5,000 worth of aftermarket parts installed. What parts? Who installed them? Aftermarket mods almost always decrease value. What does KBB or Edmunds say about the price? What does car fax report? A ten year old Jeep with only 43,000 miles? 120,000 would be normal in this time frame. Why was it not driven more? Was something wrong with it? Rust free southern truck? No side emblems. Was it flooded out/ salvaged/ wrecked?

The whole thing has too many questions. I would forget it.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
Adam013085

Pictures look clean. If it really is clean as the pics show and a clear titled Id jump on it. It could have been someones 3rd vehicle and they drove it on weekends or something. If I was in the market for a clean low mileage LJ id definitely go check it out.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That has all the correct emblems for a '04 Unlimited. Obviously the JEEP addition on the hood was done after the fact.

In '04 there were no Sahara or Rubicon models made. The also were not labeled as Xs either. Just the Unlimied under the Jeep on the side and of course the trail rated badge on the driver's side.

As far as miles go, I wouldn't be too afraid of them. My '06 only has 45k on it. It has been a play toy since I bought it new so this one with low miles could be realistic.

They have it priced almost exactly what NADA shows as clean retail for your area adding in the winch and towing package. If it checks out in person I agree with the above post of sub $14k
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.