Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2003 Rubicon

830 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  xXshutterflyXx 
#1 ·
I always said that I would be back and getting close.

Looking at a 2003 Rubicon, 5 speed, A/C, Hard top, 87,000 miles and the dealer is asking 15k...firm
From the pics it looks very clean and the carfax shows 3 owners.

It's been on his lot for over 3 months which is very strange.

Haven't had a chance to look it over yet as it's about 1.5 hours away.

Thoughts on the price?

Here's the link. If someone grabs it before guess it wasn't meant for me to be back here.

http://www.highqualityauto.net/2003-Jeep-Wrangler/Used-SUV/Woodbridge-NJ/9274239/Details.aspx

#4 ·
How does that price compare to other jeeps in your area?

Do you need a rubicon, or is this a good price for a jeep in your area and just happens to be a rubicon?

As Chilipep said maybe folks are not impressed on the test drive and passing on it.

I live in Denver, that isn't a bad price (here) based on the info provided.

You said he was firm on the price, did you call him and ask if he was negotiable? Sometimes showing up and putting your money on the table makes a difference (sometimes not).

You won't know anything till you go look and drive it.

#5 ·
Didn't need a Rubicon, but it had the color combo and 5 speed stick that I wanted. The dealer is fixed on that price. Been on the lot for almost 100 days, so something is def up. Another member said that the tires are street and shouldn't be.

Just a feeling that something could be wrong, so I'm going to pass.

Thanks

#8 ·
My biggest question... looks almost "too good to be true" ..

How the frame? Rust?
Tub? Floors?
Did you get under it and knock to see if rust ****** fall off (especially in NJ, a heavily salted roads state)

Bring a flashlight, if it looks "new" and freshly painted on that frame to match that new and pretty engine super clean... RUN AWAY.
Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.