2001 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
EllisD

2001 Grand Cherokee

Hello all! My name is Derek and I am coming from the Audi world of life! I am looking at an everyday driver for my son, who is now 20 years old. I found a 2001 Grand Cherokee with 130,000 and 4.7 V8 for $5995. Ithink it's a good price. I looked over the vehicle and the only thing I found wrong was the driver side window was off track.

My question is ... Are these motors as bullet proof as the famous IL 6? The motor sounded very quiet and very promising.

My son recently had a SAAB and was replacing something on that POS almost every week it seemed like.

If these motors are solid.. What are some good preventative measures and what should I expect as far as maintenance? He plans on keeping the vehicle for 4 years or so.. until college is done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
EllisD

This is a limited model by the way.

I took it on another test drive today with my OBD2 and this came up.

P1499 hydraulic cooling fan solenoid circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the cooling fan control solenoid circuit.

Also, is the 4LO supposed to Jolt alot, especially when turning as well as be sensitive? ( I've never owned a 4x4 )

Thanks a bunch for the answers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.