2.7crd wj grand cherokees - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2.7crd wj grand cherokees

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
jbecks

2.7crd wj grand cherokees

Hi all,

I'm going to sell my land rover discovery2 and look at buying a 04 wj grand Cherokee 2.7crd, what are they like reliability wise and do they eat the miles? I don't see many in the UK with more than 120k miles on the clock, so was wondering if they start to encounter tranny issues at this distance? Do they require special diagnostics for tranny and engine faults or will my current machine do the job OK?

Main reason for buying one is I like the looks and I'm fed up with my disco needing constant repairs, always something needs doing so I'm hoping the jeep will be better? I also own a land cruiser which needs nothing but a service.

jbecks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

I had/bought new 06 Liberty Limited with the I think 2.8L diesel/4 banger and it was a great engine. Traded it in on a 2012 Wrangler with the Pentastar V-6. Although the Wrangler is a fine Jeep, it's performance in regard to low end torque is no where near as good as the 06 Libby. I drove the Libby cross the U.S. once and many long trips up to WA. from AZ. loaded down with 2 adults, bunch of luggage and 2 Chihuahuas and even climbing long hills on I-5 through OR. the Libby almost NEVER shifted down for a lower gear while driving at about 72 mph which was about 2k rpm on the tach. Put 70k miles on it when traded in. Never had any problems with the engine or anything else on the Libby. Sorry I ever got rid of it. It also had 4 wheel full time drive like all wheel drive. Only engine mod I did was to disconnect the pcv that routed to the valve cover and re-routed with longer hose to the bottom of the frame. This was recommended on a CRD site I use to read, said kept the blowby from clogging up the inside of the engine. I think the 4 banger was made in Italy by same manufacturer that makes the now newer V6. The engine was rated at 160 h.p. and almost 300 ft.lbs. torque. Milage figures for me was about 18 city and as much as 27 highway usually driving about 6-8 mph over the posted limit.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.