1st time jeep buyer...help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1st time jeep buyer...help please

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
aruff

1st time jeep buyer...help please

I am looking at a 97 TJ 2.5l 5 speed with 157k miles on it. Comes with soft top, hard top, has a rough country 2 1/2" susp lift and a 1" body lift. Has 32" a/t tires, stainless steel tube steps and rear bumper and front tubular chrome plated bumper with two KC day lighters. Under the hood the jeep just has recently received a new starter, alternator, serpentine belt, battery and a pacesetter header. Within the last two years a new water pump, radiator and hoses, heater core, a cold air intake and an oversized throttle body have been installed as well. I took it for a ride. Seemed to drive ok. Body is in good shape. I offered him $3900. The guy was asking $4900. Was my offer a good one? I also worry about the power the 2.5l puts out. Any thoughts to this as well? Thank you.

aruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.