1999 WJ Limited newbie buyer Heat/AC ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1999 WJ Limited newbie buyer Heat/AC ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
nukms21

1999 WJ Limited newbie buyer Heat/AC ?

Hello, this is my first post on jeep forum but I am interested in buying a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 118k.. The person selling it said that both the heat and ac aren't working. I'm wondering if anybody could give me some knowledge on why this could be happening? I want to know if its something I should say forget it its too much of a hassle or if its something simple. I'm thinking that it could be a blown fuse or maybe the HVAC controls but I am a complete newbie as far as the mechanics of a Jeep go and what to look for... I've already read the "Ultimate WJ Buyers Guide" post that is on here so that has helped me a little bit just not with this particular issue.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

-Katie

nukms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It could be a ton of stuff wrong or little or nothing. Could be a fan, could be a fuse, could be that it is 15 years old and been mistreated. Read this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9093903AA0fcUj
http://www.wjjeeps.com/blower_motor.htm

In any case, this IS a 15 year old WJ. This model jeep is known to be plagued with problems, especially with the heating/AC system. If there is really no reason you HAVE to have an old SUV, then I would walk away.

If I HAD to have this one, I would tell the owner that I would consider buying it AFTER he got the heater/AC working to your satisfaction. Not before.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.