1995 YJ Rio Grande - Good or bad purchase? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1995 YJ Rio Grande - Good or bad purchase?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
ItzDEMO
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 YJ Rio Grande - Good or bad purchase?

After looking all over the island for the past 2 weeks, I finally bought my first Jeep. I paid $5,000, and was wondering how I did.

1995 YJ Rio Grande with 118k Miles

Rebuilt motor at 99k Miles (19k on rebuilt motor)

33 inch tires, 4 inch suspension lift, and 3 inch body lift

The only thing that bothers me about it is the rust on the undercarriage, but I plan on taking care of that this weekend.

Everything else is pretty much stock, but it's pretty clean.
Here's a few pictures of it:

https://imageshack.com/i/nemaejj

ItzDEMO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country lift is not something you want to advertise.
3" body lift on top of a 4" suspension lift? Arghhhh.....
Why did the engine need rebuilding at only 99k miles? Neglect? Misuse?
If there was no lift I would probably would have paid $4500 for it.
With the Rough County lift, $3500. Use the extra $1k to install a good suspension.

Before you buy your next jeep it would be wise to do some pre-purchase information on value.
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
Adam013085

Agreed with everything ^^^ said. Also being a Rid Grande it has a 4 cylinder engine. The 6 could be had for about the same price. If you are happy that's all that matters. Hopefully you don't run into any rust/rot on the frame
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.