1995 Wrangler project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1995 Wrangler project

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Doink
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1995 Wrangler project

Craigslist fodder.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4265029501.html
Is this guy asking too much for something that needs an engine and trans. swap?

Unread 01-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I find it strange that the owner believes that the "head may be cracked", that the transmission and clutch "may need repair" due to "mis-matched parts" (??) and that it needs a new top and interior. BUT... if you are a mechanic you can repair this jeep for "$50 max"!
Exactly how does he know this? I would believe that it would be closer to $5,000; if that low.
Unless you need a rust free (according to the owner) frame and tub with ugly wheels I would pass on this one. There is always more work involved than is first seen, and this unit has been extremely neglected and abused. As a parts vehicle I would pay between $500 and $1200 for it depending on how much I needed the parts.

Is the owner asking too much?

Yep.

But you know; Craigslist wrangler ads always seem overpriced to me. Just sayin'.

Last edited by WDNewman; 01-01-2014 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: change construction
WDNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
Jeepsr4me

The bad,,,engine noise could be something simple as a cracked manifold, or rod knocking. The trans, well it is toast, you be better off getting another or upgrading to the ax-15

The good,,,, Its a 95 so it already has external slave, it has the better Ujoints in the front axle, some say the tub is galvanized, its pretty cheap, offer 1200 for it and meet in middle at 14-1500... ANd a little work

Good starter platform. I would get it, fix it and roll on.
Seats can be gotten from U pull it for 40 a set from a grand cherokee. I like the rims on it now.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.