1995 grand Cherokee: buy or not to buy. Newcomer needs help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1995 grand Cherokee: buy or not to buy. Newcomer needs help

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Rboomer
1998 ZJ 

1995 grand Cherokee: buy or not to buy. Newcomer needs help

Im new to this, sorry I just had to get my question out there. I have talked to (on cell phone, from craigslist) a guy with a nice looking 1995 zj grand cherokee with 157,000 on it. The discription: 1995 jeep grand cherokee needs new ecu the one on in it melted. Has 33" tires a lift custom front and rear bumpers 157, 000 miles. Really nice easy fix.... Well after talking he also tells me that the wires on the Electrical control unit were fried as well as the ECU, it has no title, and the catalytic converter was chopped out of it. Everything else is supposedly OK. So, parts and a title come out to (what i have found) around $550, just for what he is requesting it needs. He wants $1000 for it, and im willing to spend upwards of 3,000 for it. I plan on doing the work myself..... Im new to this jeep stuff, i would love to own and care for one, is this the kind of car i should be starting out with, a gamble possibly? Please let me know what you think, thanks Rboomer

Rboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't buy it except for the good parts. Its very obvious that theres something extremely BAD and dangerous going on with the electric. If it caused that much damage then you will have yanked every wire out if here.
You'll want the cat back on.
Heck buy it for the lift , tires , bumpers.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.