1990 Jeep Wrangler for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 truck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1990 Jeep Wrangler for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 truck

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
kmponthier

1990 Jeep Wrangler for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 truck

Im being offered a 1990 jeep wrangler, 125, 000 miles, 4 cyl, 5 speed, soft top, good tires....but it needs and ignition and key. Its about 200 miles from my home. Is it worth trading my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab pickup, 118, 000 miles. Owner says jeep is in great condition other than iginition switch. Jeep appears to be well taken care of in pics. Ive been diagnosed with a terminal illness and owning a jeep is on my bucket list. So im kinda biased toward the jeep. What do you fellow jeepers think?

kmponthier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep is worth about $2-3500 depending on condition and since it needs and ignition it probably doesn't run. Since the ignition is easily changed out and the owner didn't fix it it doesn't say much about the jeep....

If you do a straight up trade you would be getting ripped off big time. I would think your truck is worth about twice what the jeep is. I would recommend looking for a tj which is 97+
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Adam013085

Agreed with robt. A TJ in similar condition would be a fair trade.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think even the estimate of $2000 is likely high for a 24 year old 4 cylinder YJ. Broken ignition and no key is huge red flag too. Stolen?? Maybe trying to dump it for a clear vehicle? Be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I think even the estimate of $2000 is likely high for a 24 year old 4 cylinder YJ. Broken ignition and no key is huge red flag too. Stolen?? Maybe trying to dump it for a clear vehicle? Be careful.
Ditto. Use caution!
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.