1982 Jeep Scrambler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 1982 Jeep Scrambler

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Jeepsman
2005 KJ Liberty 

1982 Jeep Scrambler

I have found a Jeep Scrambler, my dream Jeep, and wanted your guy's advice!

The Jeep is $1250 and it is said to run good. The body has rust. I was told that the driver side panel has lots of bondo. In addition, there are also fiberglass patches throughout the body.

I'd like to have a project and realize these are rare, but I'd like to know if it is worth it. I can only also work on the Jeep in a parking lot, haha.

Unread 04-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Scrambler's usually command a premium price...either you are very lucky and that guy doesn't know what he has.....or he is very aware of what he has and is being realistic about the asking price. Either way: Jump on it and take a look! Might get lucky! How good are you at mechanics/body work? You may be able to do something with it. Or you could fix it up a bit and flip the sale. Looks like a rust bucket though. If you go look at it, take a pic of that sheet metal below the drivers side door: that looks funky from this angle. I would bet money the frame is trashed....

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
tnfritch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That seems like a really good deal to me even if it is rough. Just that it runs at that price is good. These are hard to find. I've seen them go for three times that price when they were in pieces.
tnfritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Adam013085

$1250 is a steal regardless of condition. I'm sure it will take quite a bit of $ to get it road worthy but if I found a deal I would jump on it in an instant. That same scrambler where I live would be a $4-5k minimum price.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

worth the $1250 all day long if it comes with a clean title. Even without a clear title, worth more than that parting it out.
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Terminal
2000 WJ 

Cool, I saw this exact model Jeep two days ago. Already fully restored and sitting in the bank parking lot.
Terminal is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.