'07 Wrangler X 10K mi. for $20K Yay? Nay? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '07 Wrangler X 10K mi. for $20K Yay? Nay?

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 05-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
sagesol

'07 Wrangler X 10K mi. for $20K Yay? Nay?

Hey all, I just registered here and am in the midst of searching for a new ride. I've had a Liberty for a few years, but it was never really quite what I wanted. I've had my eye on these new 4-door Wranglers and now have what seems like a nice opportunity to get one for a decent price.

A few questions:

I have done some price comparisons and it seems like a deal, but how good? I'd like to know what you folks think.

Also, if you knew your '07/'08 would give you "water-leakage" headaches, would you have done it anyway? (the one i'm thinking of getting appears to have some black sealant stuff at the seal between the top and the windshield, which sounds to me like an attempt to solve leakage issues)

This question might seem silly, but I think I have a general impression of the value inherent in the vehicle, but might one of you veterans explain the justification behind the price tag on these things? (especially when some folks sarcastically mention that it has a "minivan motor")

What kinda mileage can a guy expect out of these things?

Thanks!

sagesol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
sagesol

Well, I suppose I should add a little more info, although I haven't checked it out thoroughly. It is a 6-speed manual with AC, power windows, decent tires. The interior looks really nice. The corner of one of the doors is bent slightly. It has the tow hooks in front and the tow package. Hmm. Can't think of much else. ;-)
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Shark01

4wd?
Other options?

epa highway on 2wd is 21, 19 on 4wd
Shark01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
sagesol

I believe it is a 4wd with the S-package.
Unread 05-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Shark01

Solid price, definately a buy

As far as justification, show me a similar vehicle available at ANY price? There isn't any, but to take it a step further how many '07 ANYTHING can you buy at $20k? Not much......

Most guys accept leaks as a Jeep standard feature......and the truth is ALL convertibles get leaks, be it a $20k jeep or $130k Porsche Turbo (know this first hand).
Shark01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.