"05" Wrangler (Rocky Mountain Edition) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > "05" Wrangler (Rocky Mountain Edition)

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

"05" Wrangler (Rocky Mountain Edition)

Hey guys, I've been looking for a used wrangler for a few months now and I think I found one yesterday. It's a black "05" Rocky Mountain with a 4.0 6cyl, auto trans, soft top, A/C, stereo w/CD, and so on. It's very clean with NO rust and only one owner. The odometer is 79,750 and has not been off roaded by the looks underneath. Not sure what diffs are in it but I imagine it's a 30 or 35. I drove it today and no wobble or steering pulls it seems pretty sound.

It has the factory skid plates on the trasfer case and the transmission too. Front and rear hooks, trail rated badge, and fuel tank skid plate also. The only thing wrong is blower motor only works on high and it only blows out of the defrosters (no big problem to fix). They are looking to get $11,600.

I'm planning 2" suspension lift and 1" body 32" or 33" tires, front link quick disconnects, bumpers, and some other protective armor. We will be using it mainly for light and moderate trials.

TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The RME Rocky Mountain editions have a D44 in the rear, which is fairly rare find, the price seems a little high because other than the D44 it mostly an appearance package. The blower motor is a the blower motor resistor, do a search to find out if it is much work.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So if I were to make sure that this Jeep has a D44 instead of a D35. Would checking the rear diff drain plug to see if it has a metal one instead of a rubber one tell me for a "quick check"?
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Dangermouse
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For that price I think you can find one with lower miles. I bought my 2005 Willys Ed. with a little over 24000 miles on it for only $900 more than what they are asking for this Jeep. It has the auto tranny and full doors and special Moss green top.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeilis View Post
So if I were to make sure that this Jeep has a D44 instead of a D35. Would checking the rear diff drain plug to see if it has a metal one instead of a rubber one tell me for a "quick check"?
that's correct...........metal with a 3/8" square hole in it.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.