'01 tj se - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '01 tj se

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
supesk6

'01 tj se

My search for a Wrangler continues. While I'm not in love with the 2.5L, for my intended purpose as basically a spring/summer/fall weekend cruiser it would do the trick. More importantly, the wife is more on board with the SE prices we see.

I've had my eye on this one, and the price has been steadily declining:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4201648984.html

Based on KBB, the price seems okay, but working off Edmunds it still seems really high. It has a crate motor with approx. 8K on it, but if I recall correctly from previous ads, everything else has between 125-130K.

Ultimately the question becomes, how much value does the newer motor add (if any), and how close is this to a fair price? I can't help but feel like maybe they overpaid initially, and now they're trying to recoup some of that.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm starting to feel like I'm analyzing these to death, and that maybe my "perfect" deal just isn't out there.

supesk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Adam013085

They seem pretty desperate for $. Shoot em an offer the worst they can say is no. I wouldn't value a crate motor any higher than a TJ with the original motor. It a repair/upgrade that they will not see their $ back for.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
JimWoods
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's to high for that TJ/ crate motor or not . I don't have a problem with it being a 4 banger. But it still a 4 cyl from a value dollar wise..what I be worry about is the general appearance -it looks ruff. 5000 $ would be the absolute max. Most here would say 4500 range.
I seen some very very nice 4 cyl in the 6000 $range with full doors that put that TJ to shame. And I am in dallas tx area- jeep price here run high.
JimWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.