'00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
rode

'00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER

I'm 30 and shopping for my first wrangler!

These are the two I am currently shopping.. . .

'00 Sahara gold/tan hard top, auto about 50K - 15,900
'04 X rad/black hard top, auto about 30K - 15,900

. . . is one over/under priced?? the '04 seems like a good deal compared to the '00??

Please help.

I have determined that I want a hard top and auto and not really concerned with the color . . any advice regarding one year/model over another??

I keep hearing/being told that the black paint tends to bubble? Is the '04 and newer overdrives a lot better than the '00-'02?

Any tips are appreciated. . thank you

rode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
colorfinger
1990 MJ Comanche 

It would seem to me that the 2000 is a few thousand over priced. I would check KBB.com for a good baseline for prices. In the end, its worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay and that is really low miles... but with it being 8 years old, I would have expected a lower asking price.

Is that a private party sale or a lot?
colorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
rode

Dealer on both

both are dealer lot jeeps. . .the 04 is at a "bottom line marked" kind of place, and have never heard of them taking less than ad price and the 00 marked at the same price is prob more of a soft price.

what about the differences in the timeline. . .is it true that the stock overdrive/powertrain is that much better in an 04 than 00?

thx again
rode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

on the surface, i would go for the `04. the standard features of the sahara model don't out weigh 4 years newer and 20k less miles. the sahara seems at least $2-3k overpriced. if all else is equal (options/condition/etc) and it is within your budget, go with the `04. it should still be in warranty too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.