'00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved d

Unread 12-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
rode

'00 Sahara vs '04 X lQQking for 1st WRANGLER

I'm 30 and shopping for my first wrangler!

These are the two I am currently shopping.. . .

'00 Sahara gold/tan hard top, auto about 50K - 15,900
'04 X rad/black hard top, auto about 30K - 15,900

. . . is one over/under priced?? the '04 seems like a good deal compared to the '00??

Please help.

I have determined that I want a hard top and auto and not really concerned with the color . . any advice regarding one year/model over another??

I keep hearing/being told that the black paint tends to bubble? Is the '04 and newer overdrives a lot better than the '00-'02?

Any tips are appreciated. . thank you

rode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
colorfinger
1990 MJ Comanche 

It would seem to me that the 2000 is a few thousand over priced. I would check KBB.com for a good baseline for prices. In the end, its worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay and that is really low miles... but with it being 8 years old, I would have expected a lower asking price.

Is that a private party sale or a lot?
colorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
rode

Dealer on both

both are dealer lot jeeps. . .the 04 is at a "bottom line marked" kind of place, and have never heard of them taking less than ad price and the 00 marked at the same price is prob more of a soft price.

what about the differences in the timeline. . .is it true that the stock overdrive/powertrain is that much better in an 04 than 00?

thx again
rode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

on the surface, i would go for the `04. the standard features of the sahara model don't out weigh 4 years newer and 20k less miles. the sahara seems at least $2-3k overpriced. if all else is equal (options/condition/etc) and it is within your budget, go with the `04. it should still be in warranty too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.