XJ vs Civic - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > XJ vs Civic

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Had a guy in an an escape last night come at me doing about 150km. He was so close I couldn't see his headlights. If I was armoured or didn't give a **** about my WJ would have dropped it in neutral. No way would he be able to stop at all. They think if they tailgate you they'll intimidate you. I usually just box them in to piss them off some more. Done that and then watch them get pulled over as they floor it trying to get ahead of everyone.
Done that lol if people tailgate me and go to pass I speed up so they can't get in then they go behind me and I slow down or if your at a red light put it in reverse haha

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #17
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

If you're passing a big rig, and someone so far up your *** you can't see the front of their car, just slow down and pace the truck. Where's he going to go? He'll have to slow down so much to get around the truck. Guy almost hit me trying to push me once, so that's what I ended up doing. Safer than the *** clipping me. Don't want to cause an accident, but the way this type of driver tends to be, he'll be all pissy with 'I'll show you!!' and speed up. Had one *** do that and do the hit his break thing. Was absolutely hilarious as he was in a mini-van about 5 car lenghts or so infront, of me so he had no one behind him and he hit them so hard, the front nosedived and the back unloaded. Was hilarious to watch. All because he was dangerously close with the heavy traffic so I slowed down to the speed limit. Had a friend in an XJ that was clipped on the highway. Knocked him out of control and into a civic, which took it out. Guy had obvious damage but kept on going and never stopped. Not sure if they got him or not. Luckily his g/f wasn't with him. His took box came from the back and took the whole top of the passenger front seat out.

Couple years ago saw an accident just after it happened (of course in Brampton, worse place to drive in all of North America). Guy got onto highway 410, immediately flew across into the passing lane (3 lane highway) and clipped a woman driving with her sister. She was knocked out of control, across the large median into north bound traffic and hit by a transport. She was killed on scene, and her sister was in critical. Guy just kept on driving. All I could tell you of the car was that it was a silver small car. Couldn't tell anything else about it. Apparently was a mazda 626 I think. Brutal.

Highway I drive to work every day is an 80km/h as it's not controled. People all the time do 110km or better. In the last few years there's been a lot of bad accidents and deaths. he other weekend within 16hrs there were two, both with fatalities. People just don't get it. They think they should be able to drive any speed they want, and anyone slower than them should get out of their way. Sooner or later it catches up with them Have video of a car that almost hit me last summer. He was going so fast compared to rush hour traffic he could't stop. Forced himself between me and the car beside me. Don't know how he didn't hit me. Pretty scary to watch (yes, I always have a dash cam on and recording since the accident in jan.)
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What do you use?

I like slowing down and boxing them in.

I also have this on my spare tire. Eventually going to put red lights in it.
5778478407_e8805ed79c_b.jpg  
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #19
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I love it!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
grnmtnhllblly
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had a civic (we call em fender lizards round here) rear end me in the drive thru line at KFC. when i got out, i saw him throw it into reverse. I tried to stop him, but he backed up anyway. Then he tore outta the parking lot leaving his bumper shell hanging on my trailer hitch. Probably had no insurance. Wish i had pics
grnmtnhllblly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

I had a civic rear end me about 10 years ago in my first truck, a 69 Ford F100. My truck was a beater, and had a massive bumper pull drop-down receiver hitch (think of an upside-down triangle). I was stopped at the red light at the bottom of a steep hill. The civic was trying to hill jump, and couldn't slow down in time. The driver slammed on the brakes, and wedged the nose of his car under my truck. When both vehicles came to rest in the middle of the intersection, my hitch had hit his windshield, and smashed a small hole into his windshield, in the bottom edge where it meets with the cowling. My tire was resting on his radiator support, and his hood was wrinkled back to his windshield.

When the cop arrived, he said "well damn, looks like he tried to drive under your truck..." A tow truck arrived too, and was going to pull my truck off- I hadn't tried to move it at all. I declined, hopped in, and drove my truck off the front of the civic. I didn't have a single scratch on my truck. The civic was totaled.

Oh, and the best part. The guy got arrested for a DUI. And he had 3 prior hit-and-runs.

UTAH JEEPCREW #165
MoabWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #22
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post

I also have this on my spare tire. Eventually going to put red lights in it.
Did you make that??? That is awesome! I want one!

UTAH JEEPCREW #165
MoabWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not that I like Hondas or anything, but you all do realize they're designed to crush on purpose right? The more they crush the more force of the impact the car takes instead of the driver. Nevermind the fact that the Honda sits half as low as our XJs do so more of them are hitting less of us.

Slide the nose of your XJ under a semi's trailer and see how it holds up.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
jguyett
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hahhaha wow
jguyett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #25
james_2k
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Not that I like Hondas or anything, but you all do realize they're designed to crush on purpose right? The more they crush the more force of the impact the car takes instead of the driver. Nevermind the fact that the Honda sits half as low as our XJs do so more of them are hitting less of us.

Slide the nose of your XJ under a semi's trailer and see how it holds up.
this. all this jeep: 1, honda/other normal car: 0 type threads fail to consider that you would probably be safer in the car that deforms the most, as the energy isnt transferred to your body.
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #26
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoabWJ View Post
Did you make that??? That is awesome! I want one!
Yeah. Designed myself. Milled out of 1/4" 3003 Aluminum in a CNC class I had.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The first two pictures are EPIC! The Jeep is just like, "Did someone throw a plate at me?" The Honda is just sitting there in shame. XJ's rule! To the second set of pictures, I always notice it is riced out Honda's (No PUN Intended) that hit people. Again, not trying to make a joke, but that is the the way it is in my area. @jrg510 What lift & tires are you running? BTW, I love the paint!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #28
jrg510
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABonifacio View Post
@jrg510 What lift & tires are you running? BTW, I love the paint!
Thanks, she's sitting on 3" of lift and 31s.
jrg510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #29
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABonifacio View Post
The first two pictures are EPIC! The Jeep is just like, "Did someone throw a plate at me?" The Honda is just sitting there in shame. XJ's rule! To the second set of pictures, I always notice it is riced out Honda's (No PUN Intended) that hit people. Again, not trying to make a joke, but that is the the way it is in my area. @jrg510 What lift & tires are you running? BTW, I love the paint!
The teal honda in the pics I posted was T-boned by another XJ that ran a redlight , Which spun the civic into my XJ he did nothing wrong other then get hit by a dumb kid texting and driving

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.