why to get a full cage! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > why to get a full cage!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

why to get a full cage!

i always popped my head around here, never thought i would post in here though!

i was on an hill climb on a wheeling event a few weeks ago. i been wheeling for years but this hill was a very tight approach angle and you had to give it a little gas to get up it. all i remember is my front end slipped over the hill and hit a tree. instead of bouncing off it i drove up it! my whole jeep turned and i did what appeared to be a double cartwheel. sadly all i can remember is bouncing off the tree and telling my passenger to keep her arms in the jeep(she was new to offroading)

i then hit my head off the roll bar and blacked out. i don't really remember the cartwheel i just remember waking up to club members bandaging me up telling me not to move! my club members are mostly emt or firefighters.

my passenger was fine but i fell out of my seat and my body landed on the ground and i landed right on my ribs still inside the seatbelt. i was out of it for quite a few min and just remember waking up in the ambulance and hospital.

i gave everyone quite a scare and i ended up with 7 broken ribs and 2 staples in my head. sadly i have my tube for the cage, and my seats were being ordered with my 5 points!

a few weeks later im feeling great and my jeeps already mostly rebuilt! i been wheeling since i was 17 and now being 25 i got some very good friends i just had to sleep on the couch for a week or 2 while healing. doc said a few more weeks to a full recovery.

my new jeep will be much safer and im only wheeling with a harness for now on!

and here is the new build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/c...wheel-1558120/

Member of CORE4X4.NET
teejmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Good story. Way to get back on the horse.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Got any pictures of the hill? Curious how long/bad of a roll it was. Glad you're ok though, good luck on the new build.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
dadkinsemt

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the wrecked world. Happy to hear you are healing well and working your way back to the trail.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Colorado jeep club #274

My build in progress
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-2146889/
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'll look for a father pic it was steep but not very long. The tree in relation to the incline was a perfect ramp lol

Member of CORE4X4.NET
Unread 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

best one i got. i had a few more but cant locate them right now. a few of my friends standing on the hill when i was being rescued haha. u can really see the angel better.

Member of CORE4X4.NET

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.