Weekend Jeep roll over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Weekend Jeep roll over

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Buford
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Weekend Jeep roll over

Took the jeep out to the Alps today to play around. The other jeeps were a JK 4 door with 3 inch lift, but stock tires (tires are on the way and cost $700 shipping lol), JK Rubicon stock and myself. We ended up doing alot of up hill climbs through some thicks woods so you can say, the ground floor was very sloppy. I'm obviously very impressed with my jeep and how it performs. I believe it's all in the tires (swampers) due to the fact that is has an open diff D30/D35.

Here is a video of one of the uphill climbs, this is after my buddies dug some ruts and made it interesting to get up.

I didn't damage the vehicle at all during the harsh off roading parts of the trip but did manage to fall into a ditch when the ground gave way. I ended up flipping the jeep and the video is below with some commentary from myself and my buddy.

Keep in mind, we are 10 miles into some thick forests and hoped the jeep would start and drive out with out issues due to the fact that there are some bad spots that would need to be tackled to get to civilization.

Sure enough, the engine started, no fluids leaked. Damage is ...... two front quarter panels smashed but not hindering driving, just smashed, broke driver side light mount but still works, broke a piece of the soft top (can be replaced easily), and a small dent on the hood that can be popped out.

No damage to the roll bar, sides, tires, wheel..... nothing. I'm going to invest in tube fenders now

As far as the roll over, I'm fine. I kept myself inside the vehicle and the seat belt engaged so I was kept nice and tight. I didn't tire down all of the stuff in the vehicle because I obviously wasn't planning on rolling over. My adrenaline was a bit jacked after the fact but no issues.

New screen saver -

1998 Wrangler Sport - 3" Full traction lift w/ quick discos, 1" front spacers, 33" TSL, dynomax exhaust/K&N filter, KC longrange bumper/windshield lights, Hi-lift, BestTop Sunrider soft top, Kicker speakers front/back, AMSOIL oil in all drivetrain.
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

damn! At least its not too smashed up!
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Nj-Xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yea you got lucky!
Nj-Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
1984XJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now you got some Wicked trail damage to show the ladies
_(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)

Daily Driver Jeep #16
Utah Jeep'n
1984XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

I realize there probably was not nearly as much force on that winch as there would be in a bad stuck situation, but still maybe not a good idea to stand that close to it.
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Did you have to pull the plugs or anything?

Did the Jeep stall when it went over or did you snap-to and kill the motor on the way over.

When I worked for DOT we used to mow steep hillsides and were trained to mow on them. We usually rolled one or two tractors a month. The idea was to not panic and just kill the motor when we felt the roll start, that way we save the engine. Then we'd pull the tractor upright and put the deck back on and finish mowing.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

Did you at least do some preventive maintenance while you had the belly exposed?

Damn, i would at least change the oil or something.

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
cadencedad
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would have cryed LOL
cadencedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.