Vandalism sucks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Vandalism sucks

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Vandalism sucks

Basically the background to my story is that me and my dad had two Cherokee's parked for sale on a piece of property we had right next to a highway. Both of them he had bought from an insurance auction with minor damage and fixed back up to sell. One was a 2000, one was a 1996, which happened to be my first car.
Anyway my dad got a voice mail on Saturday night, which he got Sunday morning, from the RCMP. The call was about a report he recieved that one of our vehicles was on fire. Sure enough when we went to go look on Sunday and my old XJ was completely beat up and torched. I couldn't believe how much the fire did, the vehicle was destroyed. What had happened is some guys had busted the windows and lined the thing with newspaper to light it on fire. They must have brought a sledgehammer or something too because it was smacked up pretty bad too. I just can't understand what would cause someone to do something so terrible. And it had to have been planned since they brought all the tools with them. I'm just kicking myself because I was gonna drive past that area that night at around the time it happened, and if I would have caught them in the act... oh man.
Also I don't understand why it was just my old Cherokee that they destroyed when the other one, which was parked right next to it, was unharmed. Kinda weird.

But anyway, here's the aftermath.

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
jeep03girl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, man I'm sorry. This is just so weird. I don't understand what would drive people to do this. Guess they just couldn't handle a perfect vehicle. Sorry again! Was anything salvageable?
jeep03girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow X2! I can't believe some people out there?! I've heard about this happening to trucks that break down out in the woods. Very senseless. Too bad that the criminals didn't catch themselves on fire too!

I'm very sorry too.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
matthewh_1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Luckily it was insured so were gonna be getting some money from it, and were planning on using the engine and transfer case in our CJ7 rebuild next year. So were not really losing any money from this, its just unbelievable to see what people would do to a perfectly good vehicle, especially since it was my first car!
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
When a girl tells you your flex is sexy then you are doing something right in life.
matthewh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh_1 View Post
I'm just kicking myself because I was gonna drive past that area that night at around the time it happened, and if I would have caught them in the act... oh man.
Dont feel too bad. If they had the nerve enough to do such atrocity, imagine what regards they might have for someone catching them in the act... Glad your safe.

^_^ and its insured!
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
nwiTJdave

that blows im sorry to hear that

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Wow X2! I can't believe some people out there?! I've heard about this happening to trucks that break down out in the woods. Very senseless. Too bad that the criminals didn't catch themselves on fire too!

I'm very sorry too.
X2....

Not to detract from what happened to you, but this poor rig keeps getting more and more stripped/ damaged every time I see it. It broke down along one of my favorite trails in the fall, and by winter it looked like this.

WTF is wrong with people?
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

sorry to hear that, I can't believe someone just lit it on fire like that, I've seen a truck that was torched, rolled, and stripped out in the woods where I live, but this is ridiculous.

also, pics of the truck eventually...
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
prairefire

Totally blows about your Jeep.

Around here it is pretty common for a bush party to end with at least one car getting torched. Especially if the owner left it there for the night.
Unread 04-01-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
X2....

Not to detract from what happened to you, but this poor rig keeps getting more and more stripped/ damaged every time I see it. It broke down along one of my favorite trails in the fall, and by winter it looked like this.

WTF is wrong with people?
Yeah, I did see photos of a new SUV that got stuck in a mud pit a few years ago. The owner left it over night and returned to find it all shot up. It was totaled.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #11
SahRhyce
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was driving through a bad part of the city at night the other day and a fuse blew. Not 1 minute after i pulled up a car slammed on it breaks and veered onto the side of the road about 100 meters behind me. They had their lights on and just sat there while I'm gripping my Mag-light. Every now and then I'd pump the breaks to know someones in the car. Then my father came around the bend, put his blinker on to pull over and the car stomped on the gas and took off. Wtf People. I now carry fuses.
Arb winch bar, Arb sliders, Arb tyre carrier, RE 3.5 lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, SYE, CV, JKS Disco's, 31' A/T Wranglers, Safari Snorkel, 175 Narva's D/L's, Full alpine R-type audio, Dot-lite brake lights.
SahRhyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I watched some guy motion like he was throwing something into this car once. The guy turns around, and walks away. Three steps later I saw a mushroom cloud, guy starts to jog. I jump out of my old Cj, run across the street to use the pay phone(we didnt have celly back then), another dude sitting in a different car says "Phones are broke", I look up to see the wires are cut. As I walk across the street, phones are broke guy starts his car he was sitting in, pulls out and fire guy jumps in phone cuts guy's car and they take off. I stuck around to see if they pulled a body out of the trunk, and just said I didnt see anything. But it was the best insurance job I ever seen, they were good. And no, no bodies.....

I used to see stripped cars all the time on the sides of the highways around here(Long island / queens). Whole cars reduced to frame rails and cinder blocks in a few hours. And how do cops not see that going on, on the side of a highway....????

We also used to leave a vw bug at my friends land in Roxbury to beat around, it climbed hills well. One day he found it trashed. Nothing stolen, just bored kids in the middle of nowhere breaking stuff, we guess.
Unread 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Jakked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebigh View Post
I used to see stripped cars all the time on the sides of the highways around here(Long island / queens). Whole cars reduced to frame rails and cinder blocks in a few hours. And how do cops not see that going on, on the side of a highway....????
I've been to LI/Queens. The question isn't whether cops saw it or not, the question is what Queens cop would give a (I avoided the language censor and received a warning?
1986 Trooper 2.3L I-4 4x4 5-sp

Last edited by rustywrangler; 04-27-2009 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: language
Jakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
paulthejeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The act of planning and destroying both vehicles seems so malicous, makes me wonder if it was retaliation for something...

[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]03 [COLOR="Silver"]BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC,[/COLOR]TJ,
4.0, auto,
4" rough country lift,
33" baja claws,
black 15" crawler rims,
more mods as budget allows...

[SIZE="5"]J[SIZE="2"]UST [SIZE="5"]E[SIZE="2"]MPTY [SIZE="5"]E[SIZE="2"]VERY [SIZE="5"]P[SIZE="2"]OCKET[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[U][COLOR="Blue"]USN JEEP CLUB MEMBER HULL#61[/COLOR][/U]
[COLOR="Silver"][U]BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC JEEP CLUB MEMBER #61[/U][/COLOR]
paulthejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
mike481
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebigh View Post
I watched some guy motion like he was throwing something into this car once. The guy turns around, and walks away. Three steps later I saw a mushroom cloud, guy starts to jog. I jump out of my old Cj, run across the street to use the pay phone(we didnt have celly back then), another dude sitting in a different car says "Phones are broke", I look up to see the wires are cut. As I walk across the street, phones are broke guy starts his car he was sitting in, pulls out and fire guy jumps in phone cuts guy's car and they take off. I stuck around to see if they pulled a body out of the trunk, and just said I didnt see anything. But it was the best insurance job I ever seen, they were good. And no, no bodies.....

We also used to leave a vw bug at my friends land in Roxbury to beat around, it climbed hills well. One day he found it trashed. Nothing stolen, just bored kids in the middle of nowhere breaking stuff, we guess.
My grandparents lived in East Northport and I spent almost every summer with them. The first time I drove my wife to visit them we sat in traffic on the LIE and watched guys in two vans strip a SUV down to it's frame right in front of us. I called in the plate numbers I saw on the vans as well as the descriptions of the 6 guys we saw. The cops acted like it was no big deal. We watched them for at least 5 minutes until traffic started to move. My dad always told me that If I ever break down on the LIE or BQE that I should never leave my car until a tow truck gets there. Those guys could put nascar to shame pit crews to shame.

RIP 4-14-2012
mike481 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.