TJ hydrolock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > TJ hydrolock

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
spvone

TJ hydrolock

So to make a long story short I hydrolocked my TJ yesterday. I removed the plugs and blew out as much water as I could. It eventually started and made it home (about 70 miles). It hesitated quite a few times on the way home, and today it does the same thing. It also idles at about 2500rpm and stalls easy. I plan on changing the oil, filter, and spark plugs, and cleaning and oiling my air filter tonight. I am worried I may have done more serious damage however, but if I threw a rod or blew anything up I think I would notice. If anybody has advice or an opinion (besides 'stay out of the water, *******') I would appreciate it. Thanks.

spvone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

This is old I know but for anyone else who may do this check the compression before you sink anymore money in it. I know I know holy dead thread revival.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

^^^^ Kill with fire!
BLUE JEEP #237
BAMAJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure if it was actually hydrolocked he wouldn't have been driving home, it probably all turned out fine
Jrama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Slickfifty11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you hydrolock a motor as soon as you do it its over. The engine will just die and cease. My buddy did this he sucked in water and it made a funny noise and died. Would not start after that had to have his motor rebuilt.
Pocket

Black Jeep Society
Night crew
TJ Owners Club
Jerzey Jeepers
co-founder of
~~GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4x4 ~~
Slickfifty11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.