Son totals his car - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Son totals his car

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 08-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
theAuthority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
Well the tree should not have been standing there in the first place, every think about that? Glad to hear he is safe, im not sure how people fall asleep when driving, i always love drving and have the music up loud so it would be very hard for me to do that.
Find me a tree that moves (and the ones in chronicles of narnia or lord of the rings dont count).

theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraelo View Post
Find me a tree that moves (and the ones in chronicles of narnia or lord of the rings dont count).
I was just playing man. And BTW it still says you own that 88 with the 350 it think it was in your profile.
Unread 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilM0nkey View Post
It's totally unacceptable for the roof to buckle like it did. That accident was very close to being much worse.
Thats right, those auto manufacturers should build cars to take on trees better.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #19
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
Thats right, those auto manufacturers should build cars to take on trees better.
Nah occupant safety isn't a very big deal. You're right. It's not like people run into trees every day.
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #20
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh My! Glad he's ok! Where'd he crash? I worry soooo much about my kid driving. It just is unreal, you'd think I'd get better after a couple of years.....

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #21
theAuthority

Quote:
Nah occupant safety isn't a very big deal. You're right. It's not like people run into trees every day.
Occupant safety isn't tested by running into poles (which does happen often)

They only test using blocks either stationary or attached to rail systems.

Designed to replicate a car (since we see more of them than trees).

The block evenly distributes the damage across the whole crumple zone.

All cars would fail if they smashed into a pole, especially if the Test Dummy was sleeping.
Unread 08-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
camyow

i guess i will be the first to ask.....when is he gettin his new jeep? glad he is ok
camyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
ChrisRobinette
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm glad he's okay. I've fallen asleep on highway 166 at like 1 am and woken up in the other lane. It's a damn scary experience, and I'm glad he's alright. I'm sorry that it happened, but I hope he's learned to be a bit more careful.
ChrisRobinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
Kittie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Darn trees! They tend to get in the way of everything!

Glad to hear he is okay. It's a hard lesson learned when it happens. BUT I bet next time he is tried when driving, he pulls over to take a quick nap. It's worth the short stop.
Kittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie View Post
Darn trees! They tend to get in the way of everything!

Glad to hear he is okay. It's a hard lesson learned when it happens. BUT I bet next time he is tried when driving, he pulls over to take a quick nap. It's worth the short stop.
My brother use to do that, he would pull over and nap then wake up and continue his way untill he fell asleep at the side of the road at like 3am and didnt wake up untill like 9am. He told me that he has fallen asleep at a red light and woke up with a car behind him at like 4am honking there horn. I would have a hard time falling asleep behind the wheel.
Unread 09-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #26
Doctor7474
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It's totally unacceptable for the roof to buckle like it did. That accident was very close to being much worse.
The roof did not buckle due to the roll over. It buckled because of the hit on the left front of the vehicle and the energy of the impact being deflected up and OVER the passenger compartment instead of INTO the passenger compartment. It cracks me up seeing people who have no idea how collision theory and structural design's of modern vehicles work comment on how a car looks after an accident and stating it should have done better. Try this with an older car with a full frame and no structural safety elements built into it, the kid would still be in the hospital if he were lucky.

All modern vehicles are designed to deflect front or rear impact's up and over the passenger compartments, the suspension mounting area's are designed to deflect up, in this case the energy was so great it crushed the suspension mounting area, and the energy went through the a-pillar which was pushed up into the roof causing the roof to buckle like it did. Twenty years ago it would have pushed the dash/hinge pillar area into the driver injuring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAuthority View Post
Occupant safety isn't tested by running into poles (which does happen often)

They only test using blocks either stationary or attached to rail systems.

Designed to replicate a car (since we see more of them than trees).

The block evenly distributes the damage across the whole crumple zone.

All cars would fail if they smashed into a pole, especially if the Test Dummy was sleeping.

YouTube - pole crash test

I spent the last two weeks at the insurance institute of highway safety in Arlington.
Doctor7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #27
theAuthority

Just let the thread die .................................................. .................................................. .........
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
loosenut510

runaway toyota???
loosenut510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #29
Delaware4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing that he was ok and glad to hear it.

Now time to get that boy in a Jeep. Very hard to fall asleep driving in a Jeep, a bumpy ride will do everyone good
White Jeep Club Member #74
Delaware4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.