So my Jeep got hit in a parking lot... - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > So my Jeep got hit in a parking lot...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
So my Jeep got hit in a parking lot...

Yea, so.... today, apparently, someone decided it would be cute to hit me in a parking lot and flee the scene. I come out later to see my rear driver side corner crunched in. The metal is pushed in on the corner a good bit, tail light is pushed in and pointed slightly down, and the metal is buckled slightly around the gas cap. So today has been, for lack of a better word... ****. The bright side, however, is that I'll be investing in some corner armor now with the insurance check, as well as flat fenders, rocker panels and possible a small lift. I've seen this on the forums before, hits in the same spot, and am curious, about what do damage estimates run for this kind of thing? My biggest fear is they'll just try to total it out... because well, I love my Jeep haha. It's a 2000 and solid throughout with 70k miles so I doubt they will but yea... Will throw up photos of the carnage shortly, as I saved them on my parent's PC and am now back home waiting on the old man to send me them via MSN.

kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
theducksguts
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Posts: 2,982
I think you have the right idea. Use a BFH and knock out the dent, address the paint, then install some armor. I don't think they will total it.
__________________
00 XJ Sport 0331 Victim
99 XJ Sport
98 TJ

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
vindicated
Did you miss me?
 
vindicated's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 1,473
usually when an insurance company totals a vehicle out, they give you the option to buy it back. Usually it is for a few hundred. So I wouldn't worry if they claim it as a total loss. Just buy it back and go with your mods you described. Sounds awesome. Sorry I dont know much about the damage, hopefully someone will have good advice for you! Good luck!

Oh, and PS, you should get the security video from the place you were, find the scum bag, and run them over LOL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
I think you have the right idea. Use a BFH and knock out the dent, address the paint, then install some armor. I don't think they will total it.
Sounds good to me. Will prolly hammer on it, get it out as much as possible and then just use some type of rust resistant paint I take it yeh? Paint quality doesn't matter to me as there will be a plate of steel there anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
usually when an insurance company totals a vehicle out, they give you the option to buy it back. Usually it is for a few hundred. So I wouldn't worry if they claim it as a total loss. Just buy it back and go with your mods you described. Sounds awesome. Sorry I dont know much about the damage, hopefully someone will have good advice for you! Good luck!

Oh, and PS, you should get the security video from the place you were, find the scum bag, and run them over LOL
I agree completely with the P.S. part, and yup. Talked to Geico about their policy already so blah, sucks but ah well. Figure now I have something to work on this Winter lol.
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
vindicated
Did you miss me?
 
vindicated's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Sounds good to me. Will prolly hammer on it, get it out as much as possible and then just use some type of rust resistant paint I take it yeh? Paint quality doesn't matter to me as there will be a plate of steel there anyways.


I agree completely with the P.S. part, and yup. Talked to Geico about their policy already so blah, sucks but ah well. Figure now I have something to work on this Winter lol.
What did GEICO say? I have GEICO so let me know what happened so I know whether to can them or not...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
What did GEICO say? I have GEICO so let me know what happened so I know whether to can them or not...
Well I can tell you way beforehand Geico is good stuff. They've handled everything in the passed for me. Old car got stolen, was done and said with in no time, and the other accidents I've been in thanks to 1. an elder lady running a red light 2. got rear ended at a stop light 3. mexican guy came into my lane and clipped my fender tryna be cool 4. lady backed into me in my old work parking lot and all within a year and a half. Having a turbo charged 3rd gen Eclipse is like having a friggin bulls eye taped to your car apparently.
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
vindicated
Did you miss me?
 
vindicated's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Well I can tell you way beforehand Geico is good stuff. They've handled everything in the passed for me. Old car got stolen, was done and said with in no time, and the other accidents I've been in thanks to 1. an elder lady running a red light 2. got rear ended at a stop light 3. mexican guy came into my lane and clipped my fender tryna be cool 4. lady backed into me in my old work parking lot and all within a year and a half. Having a turbo charged 3rd gen Eclipse is like having a friggin bulls eye taped to your car apparently.
LOL. Those are rough stats. If it makes you feel any better someone keyed my 05 WK when I was at the Hoover Dam. I haven't had any problems in my TJ though, I think people are afraid of me. LOL. Cool on the GEICO thing, they were the lowest for me so I think I will keep them. I like all the towing/lockout/roadside service they offer. I just hate those stupid money eyes commercials. I even told the rep on the phone that when they signed me up. LOL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
LOL. Those are rough stats. If it makes you feel any better someone keyed my 05 WK when I was at the Hoover Dam. I haven't had any problems in my TJ though, I think people are afraid of me. LOL. Cool on the GEICO thing, they were the lowest for me so I think I will keep them. I like all the towing/lockout/roadside service they offer. I just hate those stupid money eyes commercials. I even told the rep on the phone that when they signed me up. LOL
haha touche` they need to stick to cavemen and geckos and also as promised... photos of said carnage...




kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
bigred33
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: duluth, georgia
Posts: 1,139
That's a pretty good smack, and high. Must have been a truck or fullsize suv.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Tigger01
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 374
Ya I agree that was a good hit and very high too would bet it was a Truck with a lift

You have creases top to bottom on the rear quarter none the less a mark on the soft top

looks like at least 3 points of Impact two on the top of the Licence plate and one at the bottom

top could be a bumper and bottom could be a tail pipe just a guess

looks like it was hit angle to angle from the back of both

Sorry for the loss Parking lots S*ck
Tigger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
Yea that or I figure it was the back of fullsize SUV. You know how soccer moms drive, if they tried to back in or something, wouldn't surprise me that they'd cut it wide and clip me and then be like "oh ****!" *runs* But oh well, now I get corner guards, flat fenders, rocker panels and a 2 1/2" OME lift, so I'm not *****ing about it lmao
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
Tigger01
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 374
Ya It definitely wasn't a Shopping cart LOL

But maybe someone slammed one and it flew Airborne into your Jeep
Tigger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
The_Blacksmith
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,831
looks like you backed into something on the snky
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/replacing-floors-xj-pics-1122602/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
Chester405
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 862
looks similar to the damage i got from backing into a tree in my driveway

Chester405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
kennyboobear
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bandit View Post
looks like you backed into something on the snky
the snky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester405 View Post
looks similar to the damage i got from backing into a tree in my driveway

Grody. Am just glad my insurance covers things like this. Would be pretty damn dissatisfied if I found myself shelling out for some asshat's inability to park properly, or back out of a spot or whatever the hell.
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.