Sheriff and Jeep - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Sheriff and Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #91
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

They were both heading eastbound. According to the EVOC training I've had, the deputy is at fault.

JRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #92
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJeeper View Post
Medical examiners, meanwhile, said Johnsonís blood alcohol level was .08 at the time of the accident, which is the benchmark for being legally intoxicated in Idaho.

Jeepers fault its tobad cause family might of been able to sue
So you know the results of the official investigation before they have been made public? So far, as far as I know, no one in the public knows the results of the investigation. Fault has not been determined. The issue of the alcohol may or may not have anything to do with the material facts of the accident. Determining how this accident happened and who is at fault isn't as simple as saying Mr. Johnson had alcohol in his system, He is at fault, or the Deputy was driving 115 mph so he is at fault.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #93
TBailey
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucca-man
Of course, you have no idea if there was a description of a similar vehicle/driver associated with a crime in that area or a neighboring jurisdiction - it's just easier to jump straight to the "I was doing nothing wrong and therefore the cop is an ***" bandwagon.

Go to your local copshop and do a ridealong with Patrol. Find out the why behind what some of you consider improper behavior - most of it boils down to a desire to go home to their family at the end of shift, and to make sure their fellow officers do too.
Been on several ride alongs. I can understand a certain level of agression but not to the level this particular deputy escalated it to. I undetstand he wanted to go home to his family,but so did I. Thats a two way street. Leo's like that have no buisness wearing a badge.

Oh and I never said I didn't do anything wrong. I ran a red light. As I went through it I saw the deputy and pulled over. He didn't even have to chase me. I was stopped within a 100yds of clearing the intersection.
TBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #94
MainleyMud
2003 TJ Wrangler 

While one of my original statements was that the driver of the jeep was drunk, it may actually not be so. You'll have to wait for the results of the Autopsy. Once death occurs, ETOH (chemical alcohol) builds up in the body and commonly can cause inaccurate readings of BAC. So this may change if the MD determines the bac was a byproduct of the death and not a pre-death reading.

Either way as stated, it is a tragedy and something this deputy will have to live with forever. Very sad.
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #95
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

The deputy is still dumb for goin 115 in a ****in neighborhood cuz he could killed a lil kid too
cameron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #96
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron2012 View Post
The deputy is still dumb for goin 115 in a ****in neighborhood cuz he could killed a lil kid too
Did you even read this thread?

Was a neighborhood.. it was a two lane highway, approximately 2.4 miles outside town. However, it was a Tuesday night about 5:30 P.M. and based upon at least one photo, there was a house close to the pavement. Fault has not been determined, the results of the investigation have not been made public. Did the alcohol use have anything to do with the accident, or was it a result of death, has not been determined at this time.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #97
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

What i read said it was a residential area
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #98
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron2012 View Post
What i read said it was a residential area
Link the source, please. I can't located any such description of area as residential. Highway 30 is a two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit from my understanding.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #99
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I understand there are some circumstances where an officer needs to respond. Sometimes the officers are just being nuts.

Where my parents live, the police officers routinely go 100+ through town. Managed to clock them once (with a stopwatch ... so not 100% accurate) at 110mph. It's not 100% accurate but there is NO reason for an officer to be flying at 100+ through a residental neighborhood where kids and pets are running around - the speed limit is only 30mph.

It's main street and the only way out of town, but there has to be some safety.

If the cop winds out 3rd gear in a Crown Victoria on main street with a speed limit of 30 MPH something is wrong.

Also, NYS has had a lot of officers killed lately from wreckless driving.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #100
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
I understand there are some circumstances where an officer needs to respond. Sometimes the officers are just being nuts.

Where my parents live, the police officers routinely go 100+ through town. Managed to clock them once (with a stopwatch ... so not 100% accurate) at 110mph. It's not 100% accurate but there is NO reason for an officer to be flying at 100+ through a residental neighborhood where kids and pets are running around - the speed limit is only 30mph.

It's main street and the only way out of town, but there has to be some safety.

If the cop winds out 3rd gear in a Crown Victoria on main street with a speed limit of 30 MPH something is wrong.

Also, NYS has had a lot of officers killed lately from wreckless driving.
This accident happened 2.4 miles approximately outside New Plymouth, ID., on Highway 30 (a two lane highway) with a posted speed limit of 55 M.P.H.,... where is this Residential stuff coming from?
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #101
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
This accident happened 2.4 miles approximately outside New Plymouth, ID., on Highway 30 (a two lane highway) with a posted speed limit of 55 M.P.H.,... where is this Residential stuff coming from?
My neighborhood. I'm waiting to hear on the news that a trooper wrapped a cruiser around a pole at 110 or killed someone's child or pet while driving like a maniac through town.
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #102
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBailey
We would all like the police to get to us asap if we need them. Reguardless of the call ,there is no reason the deputy should have been doing 115 mph in a residential area. He could have just as easily lost control of the car and wound up in someones living room and wiped out an entire family.
Says residentaial area
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #103
T8ter
1974 CJ5 

Farm community. Also a couple of witness have said officer didnot turn on lights/siren till he was about to pass, true or false unknow
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #104
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i find it hard to believe the jeep driver was at exactly .08 BAC... and getting hit by a cop going 115 while pulling into his driveway. i smell something fishy in the story, just my opinion but it doesnt seem likely to me
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #105
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T8ter View Post
Farm community. Also a couple of witness have said officer didnot turn on lights/siren till he was about to pass, true or false unknow
All this will come out in the investigation. The comments by witness could be an indication that the Deputy out ran his lights & siren, and was on top of them before they heard or saw him. It could be nothing but rumor... like said before, it will be very interesting to see the results of the investigation.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.