Sheriff and Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Sheriff and Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Why does it irk me when cops respond differently to a "citizen" down versus a "cop" down call?

Unread 01-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
jm708
2014 JK Wrangler 

Just from my experiences it doesnt look like a 115 mph crash. Not sure where that came from. Do you have the town/state it happened in?
jm708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just to play devil's advocate..... while he wasn't "legally" drunk, he was still under the influence of alcohol, and further reading reveals that he wasn't wearing his seat belt at the time and as such was ejected from the CJ. You can see in the pictures that the cockpit stayed entirely in-tact and there was no deformation at all to the driver's area in the crash. Nobody knows how it would of turned out had he worn his seat belt, but it very well could have saved the man's life.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/Deput...136457538.html
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #19
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I was wondering the samething... it some States, that kind of speed even with emergency lights might be considered reckless.
have a buddy who rolled his truck a while back. two responding LEOs were "racing" each other to the scene and both ended up wrecking into said buddies truck. now they are both suing him for damages. this world is ****ed
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
have a buddy who rolled his truck a while back. two responding LEOs were "racing" each other to the scene and both ended up wrecking into said buddies truck. now they are both suing him for damages. this world is ****ed
I think in most States, once the lights come on, the non LEO are required to get out of the way of the emergency vehicle. Therefore, if there is impact between the two, the non LEO didn't get out of the way.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I think in most States, once the lights come on, the non LEO are required to get out of the way of the emergency vehicle. Therefore, if there is impact between the two, the non LEO didn't get out of the way.
Ok, but how is a rolled truck supposed to get out of the way of a responding emergency vehicle? LOL
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Ok, but how is a rolled truck supposed to get out of the way of a responding emergency vehicle? LOL
lol exactly. his truck was inoperable after rolling. these morons wrecked into the vehicle they were responding too by driving way to fast to the scene. its their own damn fault lol
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Mishrose219
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D

That was my first thought. Even went back to double check I read the post right. Haha
Mishrose219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
Green_tj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

There is never a reason for driving this fast.... people pulling onto the road from side streets wouldn't stand a chance, by time they saw the e-lights, it would already be too late.
The siren and light give a bright enough and loud enough warning. If that driver obeyed the law that says to stop or pull over for emergency vehicles that officer never would have hit him. The officers are trained to negotiate stationary vehicles at a high speed. The jeep driver probably saw the lights and was just in a hurry and thought I am going the opposite way I can cross over real quick to the next lane. No matter what, if lights and sirens are going, you must stop and wait. I blame the jeep driver
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol exactly. his truck was inoperable after rolling. these morons wrecked into the vehicle they were responding too by driving way to fast to the scene. its their own damn fault lol
Until it goes to Court and there is a Judgement, this is all opinion. There is your side of the story, my side of the story, then there is the truth.
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #26
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_tj View Post
The siren and light give a bright enough and loud enough warning. If that driver obeyed the law that says to stop or pull over for emergency vehicles that officer never would have hit him. The officers are trained to negotiate stationary vehicles at a high speed. The jeep driver probably saw the lights and was just in a hurry and thought I am going the opposite way I can cross over real quick to the next lane. No matter what, if lights and sirens are going, you must stop and wait. I blame the jeep driver
I'm not talking a side one way or the other, as I don't know the facts. There are a lot of roads with curves, hills, etc., where a driver's line of sight and sound is limited. At 115 MPH, depending upon the road (remember this didn't happen on an x-way), it would be impossible for a driver pulling from a side road or driveway to know about the emergency vehicle until it was too late. As I said in another post, at this point in time, it's all opinions.
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #27
mcgyver210
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
This is a Classic case of no matter what a LEO does some will always say they are above all Laws & can do No Wrong. So your buddy should have gotten his vehicle rolled back over & then started it & moved out of the LEOs way knowing the two were going to be dumb enough to hit his immobilized vehicle.

Wait does that sound as stupid as I think it does? Yes it does

| ______
/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
./.\.\./.\.,,,./.\
()_)-()_)--o)_)

1988 Black YJ 4.2L AT
1994 Red YJ 4.0L MT
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Green_tj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

I'm not talking a side one way or the other, as I don't know the facts. There are a lot of roads with curves, hills, etc., where a driver's line of sight and sound is limited. At 115 MPH, depending upon the road (remember this didn't happen on an x-way), it would be impossible for a driver pulling from a side road or driveway to know about the emergency vehicle until it was too late. As I said in another post, at this point in time, it's all opinions.
I agree with opinions but I disagree with how you could have no idea of an e-vehicle coming code 3. I hear cops over a mile a way. I can tell by the sound which way they are driving. I was woken up the other night to a high speed chase at 3. Was a 1/4 mile away. Called my buddy and found out they were doing 80mph through residential at 3am. It was an armed car jacking. Do I agree with chasing him through residential? No I think there different tactics but they make decisions based on experience and training. I have sorrow for the families who lost loved ones, but like you said its all opinions.
Unread 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
Hubie
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nobody who is in trouble wants a slow cop. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to miss the visual and audible clues (it's been scientifically proven to be very possible to miss these, sound and light can act funny) you may end up in a situation just like this.

I don't think police should naturally be given a pass for anything they do, however, in this case, it looks like the Deputy was doing his job (a real tough and ****ty job most people won't do for the poor assed pay they get) and the Jeep driver failed to check his mirror or look good enough to see an emergency vehicle approaching.

Also, he was legally intoxicated. He ain't gonna win this one and shouldn't.

People need to remember how badly they want the police, fire and paramedics to respond when they are in a life threatening situation and then .... well shut up.
Hubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Put it in to a bit more perspective.

If your wife was home and someone was breaking in would you want the cops there asap?

IMO - most *******s on the road don't pay attention to their mirrors, case and point
Quote:
Last summer I was sitting at a light on a 4 lane and saw\heard an EMS vehicle coming up the road with lights and sirens on. Being on a motorcycle I moved off to the shoulder while the light was still red, the ******* BEHIND ME who had a BETTER VIEW of what was coming pulled up to take my spot by the light.

The *******s around me finally saw the lights when they were reflecting off of their vehicles and moved slow as slugs out of the way.

I was on my ninja, there were 3 cars around us, two in the left lane, one behind me.
So IMO part of the issue is peoples total lack of situational awareness, even in this incident (unless the cop took a turn at 115 and the guys house was less than 1\8th a mile from said turn) this could have been voided with better situational awareness.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.