Sheriff and Jeep - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Sheriff and Jeep

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #211
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
You didn't explain how his actions meet any of the 3 above definitions for negligent.

1 - nowhere does it says he drove like this habitually.

2 - you don't have enough info to know how much care he used.

3 - his appearance isn't relevant.

At any rate, you haven't presented a viable argument for why he was negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
only needs to meet one defintion. #2 would work.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #212
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
only needs to meet one defintion. #2 would work.
X2 He definitly met number 2. I stand by he should have had to stand trial just like anyone else would have to do.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #213
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why are we beating a dead horse... this is over and done with. Like the Zimmerman case, it's time to shut up, move on, and let everyone (on all sides of the issue) rebuild their lives the best they can.

Unsubscribe......
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #214
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep
Why are we beating a dead horse... this is over and done with. Like the Zimmerman case, it's time to shut up, move on, and let everyone (on all sides of the issue) rebuild their lives the best they can.

Unsubscribe......
Because if we just move on there will be repeats. If you always do the same thing expecting different results your insane. That's the definition. And if you have always done what you always do you will always get what you always got. I for one think some changes need to happen.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #215
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Just read through this entire thread. Very tragic all around on both sides. I think what bothers me is that it seems on one hand, since he was at the legal limit of .08 it's keep being mentioned, almost like it's his fault this has happened. On the other hand, driving such an excessive speed means very little time to brake or react to a very slow moving vehicle. Add that a car coming up from behind you at such a high rate, as one poster said, you have really no time to react to whats happening. Think of it this way. Walk down a highway and have a car come up behind you doing 100mph. How would you be able to react if it' s on top of you before you know it? You have seconds to react for either party, and if they don't react together, it will end up in an tragic accident.

I've had a vehicle almost clip me due to excessive speed. Doing a wee bit over the speed limit. about 110km/hr, changing lanes all clear, signaling. Car comes from who knows where and see it at the last second. out my side mirror. I just stayed where I was, which is honestly the safest move. Even so he missed my mirror by an inch, and was easily doing 200km/h or more. It was like I was standing still.

This reminds me of that a lot. If he just froze and didn't move, it probably wouldn't have happened. Similarily if the deputy was going slower, most likely it wouldn't have happened. It's just like watching a train wreck about to happen. He quite easily could have thought he'd pull into his driveway safely and be out of the way of the cruiser coming up behind him. But with the speed difference and how fast the cruiser was going, little chance to avoid a collision and everything fell into place in the wrong way as he was turning as the officer was trying to pass him. I feel really bad for all those involved as there is no easy answers, and it effects both families.

I remember as a kid to this day an accident where a fire truck responding to a call ran a red light, hitting a car, and 3 people were killed in the process. Tragedies such as this is how laws are changed. You will never see an emergency vehicle disregarding rules of the road , such as running lights, stop signs, excessive speeds that endangers other drivers. Up here pursuits don't last long and if the have any chance of being an endangerment at all, they're called off. There was one recently, where a kid in a stolen car was driving excessively. They disengaged and rightly so. but the kid kept on driving at an excessive rate. Ended up hitting a pole, splitting the car in two and died. But he wasn't being chased at the time of the collision.

Just be safe out there be aware of whats around you as best you can, and sometimes it's not what you do, but what you don't do that can save your live.

Cheers.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.