Sheriff and Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Sheriff and Jeep

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
T8ter
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TaterTown,Id
Posts: 48
Sheriff and Jeep

The Sheriff was going 115mph passing cars. Jeep was turning into his driveway.




__________________
Warming the globe one gallon at a time.
T8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
T8ter
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TaterTown,Id
Posts: 48
__________________
Warming the globe one gallon at a time.
T8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by T8ter View Post
The Sheriff was going 115mph passing cars. Jeep was turning into his driveway.


Tell us rest of the story.... how many died, and why the he@# was Sheriff doing 115 MPH on a non x-way?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
01tjtv
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: buckingham, va
Posts: 16
WOW!!! i dont know what kind of call would have been so important to be going that fast around other motorists...
01tjtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Finallyajeep
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,153
By the looks of the vehicles I am going to guess at least 2 DOA
__________________
Firefighters Jeep Club

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
T8ter
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TaterTown,Id
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyajeep View Post
By the looks of the vehicles I am going to guess at least 2 DOA
1 the driver right in front of his house.
They say the sheriff was going to a "intruder in house" at 115
__________________
Warming the globe one gallon at a time.
T8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Santa Maria
Posts: 1,498
Wonder whats going to happen to the cop for being that stupid.
thantos858 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858 View Post
Wonder whats going to happen to the cop for being that stupid.
I was wondering the samething... it some States, that kind of speed even with emergency lights might be considered reckless.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Fizzle1979
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston / Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 390
They just charged an EMS driver in OK for speeding to an emergency and he hit another vehicle. No reason to be doing that speed with or without lights.
__________________
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Green_tj
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: turlock, ca
Posts: 143
The only acceptable reason I feel for a responder to go those speeds is if they are trained for high speeds or an LEO responding to a shooting in progress and/or officer involved/down call
__________________
1997 Jeep TJ- New Black tint black best top, 2" bb, RE disconnects, cobra bt radio, bada** custom stinger, and rocker lights, Sold
1992 Jeep YJ- reverse shackle kit, Baja off road lights, Warn winch, Trunk tool box, Swaybar disconnects. More to come!
Green_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
mcgyver210
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858 View Post
Wonder whats going to happen to the cop for being that stupid.
Paid administrative leave while they investigate internally with the outcome most likely depending on the public outcry unfortunately.
__________________
Jeep Newbie
Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.

| ______
/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
./.\.\./.\.,,,./.\
()_)-()_)--o)_)

1988 Black YJ 4.2L AT
1994 Red YJ 4.0L MT
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_tj View Post
The only acceptable reason I feel for a responder to go those speeds is if they are trained for high speeds or an LEO responding to a shooting in progress and/or officer involved/down call
There is never a reason for driving this fast.... people pulling onto the road from side streets wouldn't stand a chance, by time they saw the e-lights, it would already be too late.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
BobA
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cadiz,KY
Posts: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
There is never a reason for driving this fast.... people pulling onto the road from side streets wouldn't stand a chance, by time they saw the e-lights, it would already be too late.
You'd never have to worry,your jeep never leaves the driveway
__________________
01 TJ Sahara
6cyl. 5spd, D30 Aussie/D44 LSD,4.56 gears, RC2.5" lift, RC1.25" body lift, 33's

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #14
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA View Post
You'd never have to worry,your jeep never leaves the driveway
Bob, enjoy your day in the Big Red Turd.....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
CRider74
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, PA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_tj View Post
The only acceptable reason I feel for a responder to go those speeds is if they are trained for high speeds or an LEO responding to a shooting in progress and/or officer involved/down call
While I see your point...there's a flaw in this. The majority of the rest of the people on the roads are NOT trained to respond to vehicles driving this fast on the road around them and therefore tend to react poorly. People driving under emergency conditions are still required to give "due regard"...meaning, they need to take into consideration public safety in regards to their own driving. This is not possible at 115mph.
__________________
Smokin' & Jeepin' (Finally!!!)
CRider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.