School Bus wreck - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > School Bus wreck

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Moses2564
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
technically they never said anyone was at fault, but they could have thrown a few little details in.
That's why I said sue for character defamation, not libel. The newspaper didn't publish any derogatory statements directly towards the driver of the Jeep, however, character defamation is more a matter of public opinion, and whether or not his image is distorted through the public eye.

1997 Arctic Cat ZRT 600

Check out my build thread!
Moses2564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The pictures describe more then the article does.
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

School bus driver runs stop sign..... It kills me to watch most of bus drivers to be 100% honest. It seems that lately school districts (at least around me) seem to be hiring soccer moms, that can't even back up a suburban. Every morning on my way to work I and baffled at how terrible many of these drivers are. My father is a professional driver, his girlfriend drives a bus, and I know many other people who drive for a living. The only problem is that there are still too many careless busdrivers on the road, and they have the most precious cargo that there is.... and that is children!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
RedJeepXJ

I'm sure it's hard to find quality employees for what the school system will pay
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
I'm sure it's hard to find quality employees for what the school system will pay
They work half a year, and (at least around here) if they are full time, and retire from the school district, their health benefits are 100% taken care of ... For them AND their families. The pay DOESNT HAVE TO BE INCREDIBLE! They can get a second job for cash for gods sake!
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #21
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGD2406 View Post
They work half a year, and (at least around here) if they are full time, and retire from the school district, their health benefits are 100% taken care of ... For them AND their families. The pay DOESNT HAVE TO BE INCREDIBLE! They can get a second job for cash for gods sake!
really? I was thinking it was just a part time job type of thing, if that's the case that's ridiculous
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #22
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well the school year is only September - June. I mean it must be stressful driving peoples kids around, but come on... Some of these drivers cant drive a minivan, let alone a 30 foot schoolbus.
Unread 12-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

we got my busdriver fired my sophomore year. she crashed off the left side of the road for no reason, taking out her mirrors and a road sign. my mom heard about it and confronted the school and asked why they didn;t immediately call all the parents and tell them. Then she asked if they did a drug test on the driver, who was fired shortly thereafter. Interestingly, she now drives for a local tour bus company...
Unread 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #24
BaystateTJ97
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue89wrangler View Post
this happened to my uncle before i was old enough to comprehend things... he was not fortunate enough to be in a jeep... he was in a pinto or something... he was decapitated i believe..... bus drives need to remove their heads from there A$$ES.. after all they do transport children every day!!!!
When he was at the hospital they said he was very lucky, they said had his frame bent at all he probably would have been decapitated, he's doing well now, still kinda spacy because of the concussion but thankfully nothing major, I've told him and his mother to confront the school about this and they're waiting to make sure nothing farther is medically wrong with him before they confront the school(want to have every thing straight to be able to provide a solid story with completly accurate facts)
Vote for your freedom back on November 6, 2012.
BaystateTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #25
madrabbitt

speaking of crappy school bus drivers, just today a loaded school bus sideswiped one of the city ambulances, that was parked on a medical call... lights on and everything.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #26
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We had a guy slam into the back of a bus around here in October. Took the roof right off his Escape, along with his upper torso. Bus was simply stopped letting kids off and this guy didn't see the bus - it was only a 3 mile straight-way.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

Back when I was in High School a guy in a MG hit a school bus that ran a stop sign almost exactly as your friend. Only he didn't make it. Bus load of elementary school kids that all ended up needing counseling. I knew the MG driver's girl friend and she ended up in and out of rehab until she killed herself about five years later.

Bus driver "retired" and the school system paid ungodly amounts in settlements.

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2008, 07:10 AM   #28
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Not sure what the pay is elsewhere, but all the school bus drivers in Thief River Falls, MN all work other jobs. I mean, three of them work at Walmart as their primary job and drive school bus as their secondary because it pays so little. I do believe it was something like $7 or $8 an hour. Yes, an hour. How many hours a day are school buses running? Exactly. That wouldn't even cover rent on a bachelor pad apartment.

So yeah, you want professionals driving your kids to school? Try paying them what they are worth and you might have a chance at getting some that are decent. Mind you, that would require paying the school districts more money out of your taxes. Like that'll ever happen...

Glad to hear the Jeep driver in the OP is going to do ok. It could have gone oh so worse.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #29
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Dibs on the tail lights!
jk

But around here, bus drivers are paid significantly better than that. My mom was actually a schoolbus driver for a little while. She was paid i think $20/hr, maybe a little less. For the most part she was a good driver, she did back into a stop sign once while trying to turn the behemoth bus around because of a closed road up ahead, but other than that she did very well. Didn't cause any damage to the sign, and only a small nick on the bus' paint.

She drove the bus for about 5 or 6 years IIRC, and I don't remember hearing anything about any kind of bus accidents during that time.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #30
raisedbyllamas
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i would being going off on the news paper if i was him if i didn't otherwise i woulda thought it was his fault.
raisedbyllamas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.