Rearended at 50 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Rearended at 50

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #31
cj7Sswampers
1982 CJ7 

Re-build time! new axles, new tires, new shocks, some Tom Woods shafts, ooooooo I envy you. Not for the accident itself though, just the situation your jeep is in, and that cash. DAMN

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #32
KDog223
2001 WJ 

Wow, that's a bad hit. Glad to hear everyone wasn't more seriously injured. I'd salvage all you can off the XJ (wheels, tires, etc) and build up the convertible Dakota with a nice roll cage.
KDog223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry to see and hear about the damage done. Glad to hear you made $6800 out of it though you may want to consider a full rear bumper with the tire carrier instead of that miniature swing out

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #34
JeepFiendClub
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojeepus View Post
looks like you got to keep the fords bumper
I thought that was cool heh
Unread 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #35
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Thread revival... any update on this situation? Other guy get exposed on the drunk driving?
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #36
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

wow poor XJ. I got hit today too.

look at my thread. IM LUCKY compared to you
>2008 JKU "The Daily"<

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #37
00XJ6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

well the guy never got caught for the drinking but i did get a new jeep and my attorney is still working on it, but heres my new jeep pulled some stuff off the old and put it on the new one this is when i when i got it 01 5pd 4.0
after everything swapped
00XJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #38
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

wow i would be so pissed if someone ****ed my jeep up that bad..nice looking rig you got now though, but theres just something about the original that ya get stuck to it.
Unread 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #39
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Is your tie rod OK?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwood View Post
Is your tie rod OK?
Yea looks like it's the ZJ V8 tie rod he swapped in. It has a weird bend right there, but it's much stronger than the hollow stock piece of crap.
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #41
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good man, glad to see you're back in a rig and able to wheel. Your passenger side recovery hook looks a bit twisted on the other hand

I always like seein them duratracs, have myself a set of 33s coming in shortly.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #42
00XJ6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

its actually the steering off my dads 05 rubicon he put the xfactor on his and gave me the stock, its alot stronger than the stock one.
00XJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.