(Not Jeep) Suspension Fail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > (Not Jeep) Suspension Fail

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
iwishihad1

per the formula double shear would make that point twice as strong. you double the amount of area where the shear would have to occur at.

but even with that bolt being in double shear, the size of the bolt, and the design would make it hard to hold up under any real offroad conditions.

and whats all this talk about the axles being low. id be willing to bet those axles have lets guess hes running 44s. thats a bit of axle clearance no matter how you look at it

[CENTER]1995 fire red XJ, new 4.0, ARB safari snorkel, sye, front DS, aussie locked 8.8 5:13s 38 SXs, trussed/locked 44 front, hydro assist, DOM steering/COLOR]
YJ. 91 body, body off resto, crate chevy 350, 700r tranny, 2 inch springs, SOA, ford 9 rear, dana 44 front, both detroits, cage, 4:88s, and 36X14.50s. strictly street queen
iwishihad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #17
mikecrts
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLaredo View Post
Has anyone else noticed that this exact truck is on the cover of four wheeler magazine this month? They brag about it's offroad ability and claim it's value at 300,000 dollars too. Can't find anything about it online but i read the article at advance auto today. I am 200 percent sure it is the same truck.
You are correct, the mag is in front of me and its the same jump and everything.
mikecrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
TheEddie

Wow, nicely done.

Past Jeeps:
97 Flame Red TJ Sport on 31s with stuff.
98 Stone White XJ Classic: Lifted, Locked, and Armored
2000 Silverstone WJ Limited
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
bikergal
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that sucks...
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishihad1 View Post
per the formula double shear would make that point twice as strong. you double the amount of area where the shear would have to occur at.
Yes, double the shear area, but you are also removing a huge bending moment that's caused by having the bolt act as a cantilever. So you actually end up more than doubling the amount of force needed to cause a failure. Throw in the fact that this is a cycling load (fatigue), and you are getting huge benifits from double shear mounting, much more than just the fact that the shear area is twice as much.
Sienna Jeep Club - Member #8
Plans and pics, put an 8" sub in your TJ center console
adam728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #21
Face
2005 LJ Wrangler 

All that powder coating and the truck can't even stand on it's own...
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #22
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

All that custom color and masked line x and it can't even sling mud. They should have painted it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.