New Top vs UPS - guess who won... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > New Top vs UPS - guess who won...

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

New Top vs UPS - guess who won...

So the new top showed up yesterday... UPS did a number on it. Have not taken it all out until they inspect it but at least the center and read bows are gone.

top-bent.jpg  
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
MaulCrawler

As a UPS employee i know find that pathetic that a package would be delivered in that condition.As with anywhere there are a few bad apples but thats completely unacceptable that a customers package would ever be treated like that
[center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #098[/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkRed"]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 WJ SPECIAL EDITION ,DEEP LAVA RED[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I]
[COLOR="Blue"]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 TJ SAHARA (LOTS OF GOODIES)[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=tclaremont;8262842]Putting the white letters in is kinda like wearing your underwear inside out. Sooner or later someone is going to notice the tag and think you are a real idiot.[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=SnowLeopard;10434769]It's the 4.0 man. What do you think you've got under the hood? It couldn't keep up with its own shadow[/QUOTE]
MaulCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaulCrawler View Post
As a UPS employee i know find that pathetic that a package would be delivered in that condition.As with anywhere there are a few bad apples but thats completely unacceptable that a customers package would ever be treated like that
Maulcrawler, you work here at worldport?

I work at UPS as well, out on the ramp next day air. I can tell you that there is a far greater emphasis on speed than there is on treating the packages with care. I usually do my best to take care of stuff but sometimes **** happens no matter how hard you try.
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
MaulCrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
Maulcrawler, you work here at worldport?

I work at UPS as well, out on the ramp next day air. I can tell you that there is a far greater emphasis on speed than there is on treating the packages with care. I usually do my best to take care of stuff but sometimes **** happens no matter how hard you try.
I do work at worldport,small world.Yes i do agree its the get it in get it out mentality and i remember from my days of loading aircraft bellies that things do get dropped or flipped or wet but the employees still should try their best lol.That package in the pic above looks like someone used it as a step or something.
[center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #098[/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkRed"]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 WJ SPECIAL EDITION ,DEEP LAVA RED[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I]
[COLOR="Blue"]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 TJ SAHARA (LOTS OF GOODIES)[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=tclaremont;8262842]Putting the white letters in is kinda like wearing your underwear inside out. Sooner or later someone is going to notice the tag and think you are a real idiot.[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=SnowLeopard;10434769]It's the 4.0 man. What do you think you've got under the hood? It couldn't keep up with its own shadow[/QUOTE]
Unread 05-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

It's getting to the point with ALL of the delivery companies that anything of any value is an in-store pick up only.

In my experience, if there's any way the item CAN be broken, UPS/FedEx/USPS/DHL WILL break it. If the item comes shipped in multiple pieces, it's almost guaranteed to arrive missing at least one of those pieces.

Emphasis has been placed SO much on delivery times that customer service and item care has completely gone out the window and is non-existent now. I'm going further and further away from shopping online. Shipping costs and the hassle of getting my items ruined by the shipper make the whole process distasteful. It's worth it to me to pay a little more and have to drive a few miles to get an item at a brick and mortar store and be able to open the box and see it before leaving.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

The saga continues...

We were trying to just get the parts needed to fix the top. UPS picked up the package to inspect it. The call center said it was going back to sender. The sender was going to call them to see if it can stay here and just the bows be replaced (cheaper for UPS).

So here's the timeline of the continuing portion

Monday 4:21pm - Picked up damaged package for inspection
8:59pm - At Destination scan.
Tues 8:13am - out for delivery
8:19 (6 minutes later) - customer refused --- hmmm, really?
Today 4:24am - In Jackson MS
5:03am - At destination scan (New Orleans)... UPS has Deloreans with Flux Capacitors now?
5:09am - Out for delivery
12:45ish - UPS attempted to deliver that package, which mysteriously transformed itself into a 100 lbs-ish box of metal chain 18x18x8 inches. Exactly the same tracking # on it. Driver initially said it was a different package, until I pointed out that the #s match.
1:25pm - UPS call center is more confused than I am about what's happening.

I've never seen UPS be this bad before... Everybody's nice but no one wants to admit 2 boxes can have the same tracking number. When clearly the 18x18x8 which the driver opened and is full of chain is not a "2010 Jeep Soft Top Cover" like the receipt they gave me says it is.
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

ARGH!

The local UPS center just called... She claims the Jackson MS departure scan is a "logical scan" not a physical one, so it's "probably not right". As a programmer for a place that uses barcodes extensively for tracking (patient laboratory specimens), I'm wondering if we should start some type of logical scanning process... Sure would cut down equipment costs if I could just guess where things are and not be sure.

But we know the local scan of what's Out for Delivery (since refused) is not for the right package. But she did admit that they could have repackaged it and put a new label on it (but can they also magically transformed it into chain?). I don't think she understands this chain is someone else's package.

To the 2 UPS employees, if you'd like to see the tracking I can PM you the #. Maybe y'all can make sense of it.
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
MaulCrawler

Pm me the 1Z# and ill see if i can find anything out ,i have some counterparts in customer service and the call centers.Ill be glad to help in any way i can

[B][I]

Unread 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

It has gone back to the shipper. Delivered this am... waiting to hear back from them now.
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Wow! When i ordered my softop, it was delivered with like 3 holes in the box. But I was lucky there was no holes in the fabric.

That looks like they threw it in a garbage disposal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.