My Friends TJ head on Drunk Driver Flipped multiple times - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > My Friends TJ head on Drunk Driver Flipped multiple times

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My Friends TJ head on Drunk Driver Flipped multiple times

I just found this section so I figured I would post some pics of my friends wrecked Jeep. This happened about 4 years ago. He and another friend of mine were going about 50 and a nissan pickup hit them head on. The driver of the jeep flew out and ended up twenty yards or so from the jeep. *Note that the doors and top were on, he flew out of the window. He had to go to the hospital, because of a nasty gash on his face. The passenger stayed in and walked away with a few cuts. The jeep flipped about 5 times and ended up in a ditch about forty yards from the truck that hit him. The guy in the nissan didn't get charged with anything, and my friend didn't get any money from insurance cause the jeep had a rebuilt title. (It got flooded in Katrina, but he only had to replace the starter to get it running cause water didn't get too high)

Schroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
cheepjeep96
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroed View Post
I just found this section so I figured I would post some pics of my friends wrecked Jeep. This happened about 4 years ago. He and another friend of mine were going about 50 and a nissan pickup hit them head on. The driver of the jeep flew out and ended up twenty yards or so from the jeep. *Note that the doors and top were on, he flew out of the window. He had to go to the hospital, because of a nasty gash on his face. The passenger stayed in and walked away with a few cuts. The jeep flipped about 5 times and ended up in a ditch about forty yards from the truck that hit him. The guy in the nissan didn't get charged with anything, and my friend didn't get any money from insurance cause the jeep had a rebuilt title. (It got flooded in Katrina, but he only had to replace the starter to get it running cause water didn't get too high)

Click free. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
If you only have the 1 clutch however, I'd suggest keeping it if you expect to move by anything other than 1. gravity or 2. transcontinental drift. Both are time tested to work, but you might not get exactly where you want to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapfix View Post
Scanner? You don't even have doors... :p
cheepjeep96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad nobody was hurt, too bad your buddy isn't bright enough to wear a seatbelt. Bet he does now.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah he actually got a bronco after this and the first thing he did was 4 point harness.
Unread 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Im not understanding how the drunk didnt get charged for causing a head on collision.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Schroed
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Supposely he knew the officer, and they let him off. It was really messed up at the time.
Unread 06-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thats so typical, not that i'm at all a fan of how sue happy this country is right now but still I would of taken it to court or something.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
YellowWrangler

Wow, suprising no one was seriously hurt!
YellowWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

poor jeep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #10
hawkzrno1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow, that's BS about the drunk driver.
Craig.
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

wow that sucks
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
bshae342
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That's incredible...
bshae342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

The winch, how much shipped to 29322. I know. I'm a heartless ***.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
thats so typical, not that i'm at all a fan of how sue happy this country is right now but still I would of taken it to court or something.
Drunk drivers are exempt from the respect that typical human beings recieve. I vote life in jail for every single offender....
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
JeepMan95ZJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

wow. That push bar is a BEAST! looks like it sustained minimal damage.
JeepMan95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.