Jeep eats Jaguar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Jeep eats Jaguar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 10-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
HereticalWJ
2002 WJ 

Jeep eats Jaguar

Well never thought my first pic on this site would be of my jeep in a wreck.

My Jeep, '02 WJ SPORT, v8, select-trac, auto, 70k miles. Purchased on 9/1/10.

Vs. '05 Jaguar.

Was at a turn signal with a green arrow, waited my 2 seconds like I always do, look left and right everyone stopped, proceed into intersection. Half way through I see a Jag speeding through light. I hit brakes to come to a stop, Jag swerves and clips my front.

Lady is cited for running a red light, no witnesses, no one stopped to help. Police go by damages to vehicle.

So far the pictures show a pretty funny scene. Lady was going about 55-60 and literally bounced off my bumper. The WJ is not in the best of shape but is running/driving. I can move the lights by hand , blinkers all work, one running light out. Seems she hit just under my radiator mount and there is no "major" damage there. We both have same insurance company and adjuster should be out here mid week.

I am just really thankful I stopped when I did otherwise this story would have ended differently. I get married in a week exactly so this is a true miracle neither myself or fiance were hurt.

Links to the pics! First is of the Jaguar.

Jeep :: downsized_1009001157.jpg picture by Caspian17 - Photobucket

And then the whole lot.
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Caspian17/Jeep/

HereticalWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Man, that sucks. I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt, though.
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

You know i have been in situations like this at least 3 times now in the last year. I have a green arrow on a left turn meaning oncomming traffic has a red light, and either A. someone makes a turn on the red light without looking if im coming from the left.. They need to look before they make those right hand turns on red lights. Or B. some idiot runs a red light on the straight road almost hitting me.

If i wasnt in the 5.9 with its quicker engine i dont think i would still have my Jeep. When i saw those people i had to step on the gas really hard to get ahead to avoid a wreck.
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
G04Rubicon

beep beep its a jeep
G04Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
misfitJason

hahahah
misfitJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
JeepKyle
1976 CJ7 

I have been so close to death before because of this same thing. But it wasn't a jag it was some hippy in his prius, I wasn't made that he about killed me I was mad that he hit my jeep. When I was being taken to the hospital I kept asking my dad is my jeep ok? Lol, my jeep saved my life. So I did want any jeeper would do...I rebuilt it
JeepKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

holly spam attack wtfbbq?

Gotta love people who think the world 'stops' for them HA.

Well I'm glad to hear no ones dead\dieing\hurt, your jeep DID eat that pos too, someone deserves a beer and I think it's a jeep.
Unread 02-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeep: yumm jaguar taste gooood
Jaguar: dayum that hurt
cameron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
HereticalWJ
2002 WJ 

Well its been 2 years since this accident... it just now got fully settled. I had a pretty tore up back that came 72 hours later and had to go to physical therapy for 6 months. After all this the insurance company wanted me to pay for her damages since I was turning left. They said that they only take the police report into consideration. I was lucky enough to fight that off when my original adjuster was put back on the case and promoted. The Jeep had a slightly bent subframe the total damage to my vehicle was about $6000, her Jag was totaled.

Got a decent settlement check that paid off the medical and some other bills. Jeep is still going strong... just a few more squeeks and rattles. Thanks again guys!
HereticalWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
Steamfab

Jeep rules.
Steamfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
atr911
2005 WK 

2 years to settle this??
atr911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.