Im totally Getting Screwed!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Im totally Getting Screwed!!!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
YoungGunTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im totally Getting Screwed!!!

So I wrecked my jeep the 22nd of December and i still havent got it back! I was cut off and i rear ended a car. It twisted my Front bumper, Bent my brushguard into the hood and grill and then i broke one of my fender flares. I also believe i had a bent axel. I know thats alot of damage but I still haven't got my jeep back! We went to this big dealership Commonwealth Dodge and we knew someone who knew the manager there. Well he had it were we didnt have to pay the $500 deductible. But its been 90+ days and im jeepless. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 03-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Have you gone up there to check on the status of it?
Veeb0rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunTJ View Post
So I wrecked my jeep the 22nd of December and i still havent got it back! I was cut off and i rear ended a car. It twisted my Front bumper, Bent my brushguard into the hood and grill and then i broke one of my fender flares. I also believe i had a bent axel. I know thats alot of damage but I still haven't got my jeep back! We went to this big dealership Commonwealth Dodge and we knew someone who knew the manager there. Well he had it were we didnt have to pay the $500 deductible. But its been 90+ days and im jeepless. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I found the problem......
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunTJ View Post
Did you pay the deductable? Is that what is causing the hold up?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Call them... Everyday.

Our was in for repairs for a stoopid long time.Call everyday and ask on the status of the vehicle.Talk to the manager and if you need to call Corporate Headquarters. I did. And I got my Jeep HOURS after I called.

Bug the piss outta them to get your Jeep back.
Good Luck!
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
shadysailor
2012 JK Wrangler 

x2...call them every single day.

Commonwealth Dodge =

Not to be forgotten:
2007 WK
2000 WJ
1995 YJ
shadysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadysailor View Post
x2...call them every single day.

Commonwealth Dodge =
Personally, the best thing to do is pull that sucker out of there and let a REAL body shop repair it.
Unread 04-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
rubiconhd
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I work in a body shop and we have had delays getting parts. We had a police charger sitting around for 3 weeks waiting on air bag sensors. A good shop will not waive your deductible, they have to cut that 500 out of your repair somewhere. I would contact my insurance agent and discuss it with them. Or better yet contact the field adjuster. just my 2 cents
rubiconhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #9
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

They are probably test driving it right now on some gnarly *** back road.
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconhd View Post
I work in a body shop and we have had delays getting parts. We had a police charger sitting around for 3 weeks waiting on air bag sensors. A good shop will not waive your deductible, they have to cut that 500 out of your repair somewhere. I would contact my insurance agent and discuss it with them. Or better yet contact the field adjuster. just my 2 cents
x2. You need to find out if it's a holdup in getting the parts. I work in a dealership parts department (not Jeep) and I can tell you that in over 20 years selling parts I've never seen such problems with parts availability. Many, many suppliers to the OEM car manufacturers have simply gone out of business. ALL manufacturers are having problems & from what I've heard Chrysler is the worst. Maybe parts could be sourced from another dealer, or maybe they'll have to try used stuff.
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy View Post
x2. You need to find out if it's a holdup in getting the parts. I work in a dealership parts department (not Jeep) and I can tell you that in over 20 years selling parts I've never seen such problems with parts availability. Many, many suppliers to the OEM car manufacturers have simply gone out of business. ALL manufacturers are having problems & from what I've heard Chrysler is the worst. Maybe parts could be sourced from another dealer, or maybe they'll have to try used stuff.
They have had his Jeep 3.5 months...... You could build the parts by hand quicker than this.
Unread 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #12
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
They have had his Jeep 3.5 months...... You could build the parts by hand quicker than this.
Sure, but could you get tooling & blueprints from a defunct supplier, find a new supplier, get a quote, get it approved, get the tooling & blueprints to them, have them start production, ship the parts to the packager, and ship the packaged parts to your parts distribution warehouses in 3.5 months?
And I'm not saying that's the issue here, but it's a real possibility.
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy View Post
Sure, but could you get tooling & blueprints from a defunct supplier, find a new supplier, get a quote, get it approved, get the tooling & blueprints to them, have them start production, ship the parts to the packager, and ship the packaged parts to your parts distribution warehouses in 3.5 months?
And I'm not saying that's the issue here, but it's a real possibility.
I understand all this...... but in 3.5 months, I would feel confident that parts can be found thru other Dealers, warehouses, or even from Davey's Jeeps. The Dealership that the OP has his vehicle in, is not what I would call a Dealership with even a fair public opinion.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.