How not to recover your rig when stuck in the mud ROFL - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How not to recover your rig when stuck in the mud ROFL

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #31
indianajeep

2005 WK 

I guess they continued to pull it out of the mud so they could haul it to the junk yard? Can you imagine how much time and money would have to be spent to fix that screwup? OMFG!

Unread 10-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #32
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I used to own a ford Super Duty just like that one, and I am going to tell you those thinks can pull a house and some have.

Second you should never tie on to the axle and jerk like that

Third make sure everyone stands right next to the snatch strap so when it breaks every one gets decapitated.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
SillyPutty
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Xj was in two deep holes, the surrounding mud isn't even that bad but the superduty was afraid to go down there? Wait for a non-wimp in a less ridiculous truck to come along and then pull forward and to the left...
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #34
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
I used to own a ford Super Duty just like that one, and I am going to tell you those thinks can pull a house and some have.

Second you should never tie on to the axle and jerk like that

Third make sure everyone stands right next to the snatch strap so when it breaks every one gets decapitated.
Looked to me like the strap was on the frame and the axle was buried. Thats why when he gave it a good tug, the body came forward but the axle stayed in the mud.

And I was going to mention the same thing about how idiotic these people really are. All of them standing right next to the strap as hes tugging. Brilliant! If you ask me, they got exactly what they deserved.

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #35
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

What amazes me is that there are that many people there and no one that to do anything to dig to make it easier.

-Tim
New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
www.NJFBOA.org
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I think these idiots broke every rule of recovery at least 10 times....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.