How Did I Survive??? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #106
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSahara View Post
Nice looking rubi Luck, I kinda like the grille inserts.
My dad and I are thinking about painting them black. They aren't horrible, but the paint is rubbing up one them, and same thing with behind a couple of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I remember when my engine bay was that clean
Simple Green, a pressure washer, and a shop vac extension tube.

Tape the extension tube to the air intake for a DIY snorkel, and pressure wash with simple green. Run the engine while you do it.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #107
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is probably the world's cleanest Rubi. That PO was clearly a pansy. Great find. Lose the chrome & nerf bars, chop the bumper, and post up some legit wheelin pics.

What's on the initial upgrades list?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #108
Nicho
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats! That is a nice looking Rubi- and yes- very clean looking!
Nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #109
Douglas S.

Good stuff!
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #110
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
That is probably the world's cleanest Rubi. That PO was clearly a pansy. Great find. Lose the chrome & nerf bars, chop the bumper, and post up some legit wheelin pics.

What's on the initial upgrades list?
I will try to get wheeling pics. I could stop by that short trail I hit today on the way home on Wednesday (if I don't want to get it home to swap the hard top for the soft top).

The Jeep really is VERY clean with 0 rust like my last one. Not even surface rust. The only problem is that is was heavily smoked in, and they only cleaned the seats and carpets. They are detailing it to get the stink out of the hard top (which is holding a lot of the smell) and the ash tray needs to go on eBay.

Short list is Monstaliner and bye bye chrome. I need to sell the hard top in my shed, and then I might think of bumpers. I have a sweet deal on a Savvy front bumper that is still withstanding, and I would like another BESRK rear bumper probably. It might even turn into an air tank one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho View Post
Congrats! That is a nice looking Rubi- and yes- very clean looking!
I can't believe how clean it is either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Good stuff!
Thanks
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #111
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

good to see you found a jeep not to mention a rubicon. nothing like starting your build off with the lockers and axles aready ready to go

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #112
aerojeeptj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats man! And a 2004, simply the best! (mine is a 2004 too! )

Monstaline this thing and go have fun! I'm STILL waiting to line mine, only a few more weeks of school and I will start
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #113
aerojeeptj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ya while your at it, you should get the frame rust proofed especially if it has no rust currently, wish the PO would of done that on mine...
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #114
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
good to see you found a jeep not to mention a rubicon. nothing like starting your build off with the lockers and axles aready ready to go
Oh hell yeah. I got to play with the 4-low and lockers today. The point and shoot is so nice, and the lockers are

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Congrats man! And a 2004, simply the best! (mine is a 2004 too! )

Monstaline this thing and go have fun! I'm STILL waiting to line mine, only a few more weeks of school and I will start
I sure will line it. I still have the can of black. I would have liked a color, but I can't think of a good one for the White, so I think black it is.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #115
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Oh ya while your at it, you should get the frame rust proofed especially if it has no rust currently, wish the PO would of done that on mine...
I think I am pretty safe on that for now. I might order up a quart of Chassis Saver this summer and do some rust proofing, but my last Jeep lasted 2 NY winters (pretty much like caking the underbody with salt) without any rust. I think it will be fine till summer.

I can't wait to go topless again.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #116
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So hold on, you have TWO hard tops? Sell them both and get moving on some solid stuff. As for the nasty smoke, just Febreeze the **** out of the seats and soft top and line the whole Jeep with scent trees. Keep it topless for a while and remove the carpet (I'm assuming you'll do that very quickly) and it should be gone in no time. It wouldn't hurt to take the dash pieces out and clean them up with some plastic conditioner/UV protectant.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #117
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So hold on, you have TWO hard tops? Sell them both and get moving on some solid stuff.
Nah... the hard top is nice for the winter. I am hoping the money from the one hard top (I picked it up about 2 weeks before the accident will pay for F/R bumpers for now. It is a '97 in tan with no scratches or cracks. Needs a new wiper blade, but everything else is good.

This hard top has everything working, and I think the Jeep needs new Wipers all the way around. The windshield ones are completely trashed.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #118
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Nah... the hard top is nice for the winter. I am hoping the money from the one hard top (I picked it up about 2 weeks before the accident will pay for F/R bumpers for now. It is a '97 in tan with no scratches or cracks. Needs a new wiper blade, but everything else is good.

This hard top has everything working, and I think the Jeep needs new Wipers all the way around. The windshield ones are completely trashed.
Well OK. I used the hard top for a winter and loved it, but I couldn't resist making a 50% profit on it. I'm really loving the wiper blades I got from Advance Auto. Like you said, 15" would probably fit but the 14's are working awesome.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #119
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well OK. I used the hard top for a winter and loved it, but I couldn't resist making a 50% profit on it. I'm really loving the wiper blades I got from Advance Auto. Like you said, 15" would probably fit but the 14's are working awesome.
Hell, I put fancy 16" on my last Jeep. I cut the top side down a bit to make it ~15", but it went all the way to the top, and the little circular curve in the middle of the windshield got smaller. They also wiped better than the anco garbage. They were the only wipers I could find in 13".
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #120
aerojeeptj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nah... the hard top is nice for the winter. I am hoping the money from the one hard top (I picked it up about 2 weeks before the accident will pay for F/R bumpers for now. It is a '97 in tan with no scratches or cracks. Needs a new wiper blade, but everything else is good....
Or you could donate it to me

Quote:
I think I am pretty safe on that for now. I might order up a quart of Chassis Saver this summer and do some rust proofing, but my last Jeep lasted 2 NY winters (pretty much like caking the underbody with salt) without any rust. I think it will be fine till summer.

I can't wait to go topless again.
lol I hear your NY winters are just as bad as our MI winters, sometimes I wonder if it just snows salt here!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.