How Did I Survive??? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #76
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Damn dude, this is the first I've heard of your jeep being totaled. That SUCKS but I'm glad you're OK. Anyway, at least now you can upgrade to a manual. And remember, look for that rear 44.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #77
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This makes me want to go check my tie rods, actually, every bolt on my Jeep.

Glad to hear your ok. My grandpa told me when he gave me my Jeep that if I ever got in a crash, "just lean back, tuck your arms in, and hold on". As long as your wearing your seat belt, the roll bar will do a good deal of protecting.

I guess that was pretty good advice.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #78
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDoo View Post
This makes me want to go check my tie rods, actually, every bolt on my Jeep.

Glad to hear your ok. My grandpa told me when he gave me my Jeep that if I ever got in a crash, "just lean back, tuck your arms in, and hold on". As long as your wearing your seat belt, the roll bar will do a good deal of protecting.

I guess that was pretty good advice.
Have you seen the green sahara on here that is being turned into a trail rig. I don't remember who it is, but he was being tailgated by a little ricer and it rolled. He just had a cut o his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Damn dude, this is the first I've heard of your jeep being totaled. That SUCKS but I'm glad you're OK. Anyway, at least now you can upgrade to a manual. And remember, look for that rear 44.
It does suck, but I am on the hunt. My first priority is to get a 4.0L, then the d44, then the stick. I refuse to get a 4banger, and I really didn't mind the auto that much. It all depends on how good the one you get is.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #79
Chris98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry about your loss, what i would do was buy an older TJ and use the rest of the money to make it a trail capable DD.
98 tj sport Aussie locked front and rear 4.10's HPD30 8.8 super short sye cv shaft 4.5 lift johnny joint adj. control arms 36in TSL's gen right hi fenders header exhaust custom rockers Solid axle covers f/r the list goes on
Leading bullet sponge for JF Call of Duty crew
X BOX GT- CHRIS98TJ
Chris98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #80
aerojeeptj

Ahh Luck Rider thats crazy!! I'm glad to hear your okay!! Was this the Monstaliner Jeep you have the whole write up on?
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #81
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Luckrider, sorry it took me so long to get this thread. Glad you are ok, that's some knarly carnage! You were the LUCKRIDER that day for sure.

If it is a total loss are you going to buy it back from the insurance and part it out?
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #82
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Ahh Luck Rider thats crazy!! I'm glad to hear your okay!! Was this the Monstaliner Jeep you have the whole write up on?
Yep, sure was. I am definitely planning on putting Monstaliner in the next one. I asked in the intro thread if anyone wants another writeup... I might do a couple of things differently. Still no answers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
Luckrider, sorry it took me so long to get this thread. Glad you are ok, that's some knarly carnage! You were the LUCKRIDER that day for sure.

If it is a total loss are you going to buy it back from the insurance and part it out?
It was a heck of a ride... it was so quick I can't really remember too much in gory details (just the basic flashes). I did address the issue of buying it back earlier in the thread, but it has gotten pretty big so I guess you missed it. I didn't buy it back because the ins. company wanted $2800 for it. I was willing to go $1500, but that was my max.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #83
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Yep, sure was. I am definitely planning on putting Monstaliner in the next one. I asked in the intro thread if anyone wants another writeup... I might do a couple of things differently. Still no answers though.

It was a heck of a ride... it was so quick I can't really remember too much in gory details (just the basic flashes). I did address the issue of buying it back earlier in the thread, but it has gotten pretty big so I guess you missed it. I didn't buy it back because the ins. company wanted $2800 for it. I was willing to go $1500, but that was my max.
Yeah, sorry I didnt read the whole thing, I wanted to send my condolences asap! Sorry to hear that, I did read you are going to be looking for a 4.0 d44 so good luck with your search. I hope you find one post haste!
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #84
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, a little update on the current situation. This is the rental that my dad is driving:

(just a pic in the same color...) It only has 20k on the clock, and it is garbage.

So I have been looking far and wide for a new Jeep. There was an amazing 2006 Wrangler in Patriot Blue that slipped through the cracks. It had 70K, a d44, and was only $10k (agreed upon price). I loved it because it was RHD (so that means it has the 42rle). Surprisingly that one had a better tranny than mine did.

I have looked at a few others, and I am still trying to get into something right. It is surprising how many miles are on most of these fricken things, and how many dealerships think they have gold. I have a few emails from the local stealership that has a 2006 LJ with the 6-speed. I have them at this point making me the offer They have had it since August so I guess they want it gone.

There is also a 2006 with 32k for $13.4K (buy it now o.b.o on eBay). It was a theft recovery, so it has an NY rebuilt title. I want to go look at that, but my mom keep fighting more than NY would for registration. She doesn't know the process, and she doesn't want the money tied up. I said it wasn't a problem as long as we could register it before they got their money (this does happen to be a dealership).

UGH... the search has me frustrated because of the time line. I am busy most of the week, so it is hard to make time to go see any. I was pretty tempted to buy a '97 for about $2500 just to drive around till I find the right one, but it was garbage. It had the 4.0l with the 5-speed, but the suspension was saggy, there were rattles everywhere for something that was never offroad, the lights didn't work, smelled strongly of smoke ect. ect. Book is about $3,500 in that shape, but I still wasn't wasting my time on that, and I never got it above 35mph.

I think I will just have to wait it out to find something. Shooting some emails tonight, hopefully something pans out.
Unread 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #85
aerojeeptj

I went through the same thing, the wait can be unbarable but the longer it takes will give you time to find the right jeep, even if it will cost you a bit more. Don't settle for trash
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #86
Chris98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Buy the 97 and spend 7500 on fixing it up you know how badarse your jeep would be if you could just dump 7500 into it. longarms lockers cromos 37's yummy
98 tj sport Aussie locked front and rear 4.10's HPD30 8.8 super short sye cv shaft 4.5 lift johnny joint adj. control arms 36in TSL's gen right hi fenders header exhaust custom rockers Solid axle covers f/r the list goes on
X BOX GT- CHRIS98TJ
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #87
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98TJ View Post
Buy the 97 and spend 7500 on fixing it up you know how badarse your jeep would be if you could just dump 7500 into it. longarms lockers cromos 37's yummy

X2

My Youtube Channel

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
XJAbuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #88
aerojeeptj

Did the 97 have the D44 tho?
Unread 04-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #89
Chris98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Did the 97 have the D44 tho?
no but you could buy dana 60's with a $7500 budget and still have $6000 left over
X BOX GT- CHRIS98TJ
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #90
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98TJ View Post
no but you could buy dana 60's with a $7500 budget and still have $6000 left over
You are right, no d44. It only had the 35. That was way too many miles and problems. I would have to spend $5k just to make me happy as a DD. Then I would have a little left for say bumpers (part of the 5 would be 33"s and a small lift though. Those tires and springs were shot).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.