How Did I Survive??? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #61
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My dad keeps saying that if he is going to buy this 1990 Wrangler that is in town for 2k (he would probably get it for less) if we can't find one by the time the rental goes back. He wants a project anyways, and I know where the is a 360 or a 318, with tranny, t-case and and d60/60 or d60/70 combo that we can have for free.

We still have the rental for about 24 days, so I am not rushing to get back into something if it isn't what I want.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #62
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll sell you mine

The wife would kill me. And probably make me buy something "family oriented". We don't even have kids.

Glad you are alright dude. Get an Impact Orange Jeep this time. lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #63
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn Dude. I fix wrecked car and trucks every day So I see alot of carnage. Pictures of your Jeep scared the poop out of me. Glad to see your alive.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #64
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Damn Dude. I fix wrecked car and trucks every day So I see alot of carnage. Pictures of your Jeep scared the poop out of me. Glad to see your alive.
It is surprising how after the fact you realize just how lucky you are... I sort of titled this what I did for the shock factor to make people open it, but then after a little while, I start to think, wow... this really could have killed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I'll sell you mine

The wife would kill me. And probably make me buy something "family oriented". We don't even have kids.

Glad you are alright dude. Get an Impact Orange Jeep this time. lol
At first I missed the offer. I will buy it today, and be there tomorrow to pick it up with cash in hand

It is funny that you mention what your wife would do, because my mom keeps saying the next one is going to be my dad's, and I will have his truck (which is how that one was supposed to be). She is kidding herself though, and I think she is just giving me a hard time. I am the one doing the research, calling, and the only one to actually drive something. I love the Impact Orange, and was going to make a 4.5 hour drive to see one tomorrow. I knew it was a 6-speed, but I couldn't remember what year. Turns out it is a 2005 with 38k. The biggest reason why I don't want to do it is because they want over book for something that came in as a bank repo. It has a 6" Skyjacker LA kit, and unknown tire size. I have no idea what axle it has, and it could take quite a bit of money to drop it and make it DD worthy.

I called tonight about a 2004 Rubi that is 4 hours away, and it has a 4" RR kit with a t-case drop (seriously, who puts a t-case drop on a Rubi???). The guy wants more than book on that, and he thinks he is going to get money for a crappy upgrade. He has my number, so if he starts to come down to middle book value, we can then talk. I would just trim the flares and drop it down to a 2.5" lift since it only has 33"s on it. Doesn't look like I will get that either. He says he needs the money, but he really doesn't if he is staying so high.

Ok.. I am done with my rambling. I am working to find just the right Jeep, and I am willing to wait if need be.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #65
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

As everyone else has said, I'm glad your okay. But damn I can't believe you even thought about buying that thing back Couldn't have been much left of value besides random interior bits and maybe parts of the drivetrain assuming you didnt tweak most of that. Obviously I can only tell what you posted in pics, but from the pics I would have been nervous about getting my money back even at $1000
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #66
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There was less than 23k on the clock, and the tranny alone would have fetched $1500. $1500 is cheaper than having one rebuilt. There was quite a bit in various parts, and I just had an attachment to it. I was still only going to pay up to $1500, and when they told my dad $2800, I told him there was no way I would even consider it.
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #67
Hurley91

Wow dude that sucks. Glad you are OK and hopefully you get back into a Jeep soon.
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #68
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

glad you're alright LR

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #69
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Damn dude, just saw the link for this and read your post. Glad you're okay at least.

Wanna buy my Jeep

J/k

So... I take it you don't need my center console anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #70
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
Damn dude, just saw the link for this and read your post. Glad you're okay at least.

Wanna buy my Jeep

J/k

So... I take it you don't need my center console anymore?
That is the second offer now. I could have the last TJoTM or a future TJoTM... Tough decisions

As for the center console, I have actually had one for about a month now. Another member here who does competition crawling in the RCRocs sent it to me... I have it in the back of my mom's van now.
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #71
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Thanks for the support guys. The Jeep help up really well for a crash at about 50-55. The base for the light post that caused me to just the entrance was mounted in a solid chunk of concrete about 3'x4', and it was about 8" thick. I managed to move that about 2" without touching the pole itself. Surprisingly all 5 rims still look like they are in perfect shape minus the slashed tires around them

As for my angel, I am not sure how many times I saved by him:

These happened when I was 5:
Stung in the eye (the eye ball itself) by a yellow jacket, and I have no vision problems
Slid about 30' downhill on a gavel road taking all of the skin on my knees and elbows off
Falling about 12' off of a guard rail, and according to the people next to me, landing on my head.

I walked away from all of that.

More recently I had this accident, and back in December of 2008 (2 months after getting the Jeep), I was hit in the front driver's side wheel by a Nissan Maxima that was going about 55mph in a 40mph (he crossed into my lane to avoid a car that was making a right getting off the roadway). The Maxima had the front headlight pushed back to the firewall, and it gernaded the front axle of the Jeep.

I have to thank my blessings that I got a good guardian up there, or I would have been dead years ago.

Now it is time to find another one. Some crappy little eco box will get me killed.
im sorry, but i couldnt help reading this post and then realizing your username is luckrider, then laughing

glad to hear you're ok! that looks like one hell of a wreck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #72
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okemos98TJ View Post
im sorry, but i couldnt help reading this post and then realizing your username is luckrider, then laughing

glad to hear you're ok! that looks like one hell of a wreck!
laugh when I think of that too.
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #73
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There was less than 23k on the clock, and the tranny alone would have fetched $1500. $1500 is cheaper than having one rebuilt. There was quite a bit in various parts, and I just had an attachment to it. I was still only going to pay up to $1500, and when they told my dad $2800, I told him there was no way I would even consider it.
Jesus you can get that much for a 42rle?! I had no idea they were worth that much. But thats assuming that tranny is was still okay (idk you might know whether or not it was for sure? But that was a nasty wreck and didn't you say you couldn't get it into park?). I've looked over a few Jeeps that I considered buying as parts Jeeps to tear down and sell of and it seems like every time you think "Oh well I could sell the *insert item here*" and you walk around to look at it and you notice a little part is broken off, or bent/tweaked, etc. etc. and the usable parts list just seems to dwindle . Good luck on your search though! That's half the fun
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #74
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The tranny still worked fine. I couldn't get it into park because the passenger side of the dash was pushed back, and the shifter was hitting the center bezel.

I would assume a tranny with that few miles would fetch a good price considering it would be a drop in swap, and a rebuild is way more than that.
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #75
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The tranny still worked fine. I couldn't get it into park because the passenger side of the dash was pushed back, and the shifter was hitting the center bezel.

I would assume a tranny with that few miles would fetch a good price considering it would be a drop in swap, and a rebuild is way more than that.
That's a fair point. I just looked up the prices junkyards around me are asking for it with similar mileage and most people want right around 800-900 out here apparently regardless of auto or stick, even for the ax15, I guess I just never priced them out. Here' to hoping my tranny with 168k keeps on ticking for a good while longer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.