How Did I Survive??? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #46
SgtHatred
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow dude glad you are ok, id be so depressed if something like that happened to my jeep.... on a better note hope you get something better!! good luck bro!

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #47
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIvIIonster03 View Post
wow dude glad you are ok, id be so depressed if something like that happened to my jeep.... on a better note hope you get something better!! good luck bro!
The more I think about it, the more I can't believe that I only have a stiff back. As for being depressed, I really am. I have only been out in 2 so far, and it just wasn't the same. The TJ had the 42rle and 44k, and it definitely needed a fluid change for the tranny. It didn't shift as nicely as mine, and there was so hesitation in the 4.0L.

The LJ had the stick, and it needs an exhaust. It is supposed to be certified pre-owned, but the pre-cats are just about rusted out, and the entire exhaust from 2/3s of the muffler back looks like it was about to fall off. It was nice to drive the 6 speed, and I picked up the clutch almost instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAbuzer View Post
Good to hear your OK. RIP Jeep. Its always fun starting a new project though.
It isn't really a project since it is my DD, but I do enjoy any projects that I can get away with. I was actually on my way home to wire a wiper switch to the Hella's on the bumper, fix the spare, and check the spark plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimitedlou View Post
Glad to hear you are ok. Take your time when looking for the new baby. Make sure you check online. It took me 3 months to find mine.
We get the rental car for 30 days from when we first picked it up, so we aren't in that big of a hurry. There are a lot out there, but most are sitting at dealerships. The payout was based on private party, and it doesn't seem like there are that many. Those 2 test drives really showed me how picky I am going to be in this whole ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho View Post
Glad you are not hurt and that no others were hurt in the incident.That looks like a bad one.
I really am thankful that nobody was in the other lane. I have now idea how it would have turned out if there was.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #48
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dang man, that sucks.
Really glad you're alright though. I hope the best and a speedy recovery.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #49
MisterO

LJ 6 speed FTW!!! cant go wrong!
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #50
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJeep04 View Post
LJ 6 speed FTW!!! cant go wrong!
they wanted $19.9 for a 2006 with 44k and a rusted exhaust system. I am not putting down that much for a Jeep that is going to need a new exhaust, and has some cancer starting to grow on the control arms. The guy siad he isn't supposed to say how long the vehicles have been there, but he said that one has been there since August. It felt like it needed a tuneup, but the tranny felt really good.

I am holding out for the right Jeep. I basically have a month to do that. I have to take the minicrapper to class again though. The throwout bearing in his truck went, so it is getting a new clutch. He is tearing it down tomorrow, and that means I have to take the van instead of the truck. The van is a 2000 with ~192k on the clock. The lifters tap, it burns some oil, and it has the same set of copper plugs that were in it from day one (we bought it new). Compared to the Jeep it seems to float over the road.

Wow... typing that out reminded me about those 2 Jeeps I drove. Compared to mine, they felt more precise. I think there must have been something messed up with the steering and tires. A fairly severy case of steering shimmy was developing, and it just wasn't fun. I could stop it quicker than these two even thought the brakes locked quicker.

UGG..... I have a tough process ahead of me
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #51
MisterO

Do you need to buy through a dealer? Why not private party purchase? You can usually get better deals and also there are many out there.. Craigslist..
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #52
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would prefer private purchase. The first dealership we stopped at was just on a whim. We passed it on our way to the parts store after dropping the title off to the insurance. Actually.. we got a call from the insurance, and they told us the check was ready right after we pulled out of the lot. Our test drive ended up being a trip to grab the check.

We really don't want to deal with a dealership, we bought the last one private party.
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #53
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Really glad you are alright, that looked it was one heck of a ride.
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #54
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Glad to hear you're ok. But be careful with your back. I had a 90-0 (kms/h) in 12 feet accident in 2005 and my back still suffers every day. Get professional treatment for it.

And as mentioned before and I'm sure you'll agree, Wranglers deserve a better crash rating!
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #55
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep97 View Post
Really glad you are alright, that looked it was one heck of a ride.
Sure was, it was very quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBCguy View Post
Glad to hear you're ok. But be careful with your back. I had a 90-0 (kms/h) in 12 feet accident in 2005 and my back still suffers every day. Get professional treatment for it.

And as mentioned before and I'm sure you'll agree, Wranglers deserve a better crash rating!
I have a dentist then doctors app. today (scheduled before the accident), so I will ask the doc while I am there. It definitely feels like muscle pain, and it does get better when I am moving, or take the muscle relaxers.

I do agree, Wranglers deserve a better crash test rating
Unread 03-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #56
Douglas S.

Wow man, I can't believe I didn't see this before now. Glad to hear you're doing OK and good luck finding a new jeep!
Unread 03-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #57
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

damn your ****s ****ed.. just living up to your screen name huh??

thats a bad wreck, glad to hear you survived! sounds like a nasty accident
Unread 03-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #58
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

ya man i hear ya on the muscle relaxers they kick your ***. and i recomend taking a little bit longer till you talk business cause for a while they tended to make me a little foggy upstairs.
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #59
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenCorax View Post
ya man i hear ya on the muscle relaxers they kick your ***. and i recomend taking a little bit longer till you talk business cause for a while they tended to make me a little foggy upstairs.
Well, I can't take them all the time because I have an hour drive to class. We did already get a check, so there is no business to talk. I believe it was a very fair settlement (in fact, what they paid is what I expected before the deductable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
damn your ****s ****ed.. just living up to your screen name huh??

thats a bad wreck, glad to hear you survived! sounds like a nasty accident
I guess I am It was nasty, and the more I think about it, I am surprised I survived (hence the title).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Wow man, I can't believe I didn't see this before now. Glad to hear you're doing OK and good luck finding a new jeep!
I am ready to get back in as soon as I find the right one There are many out there, but sadly, there isn't anything private party that really matches the deal I got. We paid way under book, and it only had 8,820 miles when we picked it up.
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #60
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Get a super cheap car if you need to. Don't rush the buying process. I know the perfect deal is going to show up. That's how I got mine.
Glad you're doing better
1987 Coleman Columbia
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.