How Did I Survive??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #31
toplessanddirty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Holy crap man! That's insane. I'm glad you're relatively okay. RIP Jeep.

Unread 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #32
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
It is all good... I am back on the hunt. I will miss that Jeep though. I have to disagree with you on one point. I would like to think of myself as a very lucky man. Everyone keeps saying I should be in a hospital bed or a wooden box right now.
You would disagree with me haha

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #33
Silverton34
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are you sure you want that Jeep back? I don't see a whole lot worth saving. Hard to tell by the pics but the frame could certainly be a really big mess. Buy it back by the pound.
Silverton34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #34
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbeckteria View Post
Holy crap man! That's insane. I'm glad you're relatively okay. RIP Jeep.
Hopefully that Jeep will rest in pieces rather than in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
You would disagree with me haha
I just have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton34 View Post
Are you sure you want that Jeep back? I don't see a whole lot worth saving. Hard to tell by the pics but the frame could certainly be a really big mess. Buy it back by the pound.
I know people say do I really want it back, and I probably should listen. I will probably save it from insurance depending on what they want for it. I am hoping to basically be able to buy it by the pound. The drive train is still worth money (minus the axles). I know it is hard to tell by the pics, but the frame is badly tweaked. The motor did a lot of damage because it forced most of the frame over, and it actually twisted a good chunk of it. At least I wasn't

Thanks for all the kind words everyone
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #35
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Go for it.

I wanna see what you do now.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #36
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! Glad you're ok.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow glad you are ok...too bad those are the only pics of your jeep i have ever seen out of the 2.7k posts(besides monstaliner.)
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #38
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyways, I just got back from the body shop. The insurance company is paying out more than book (glad I didn't have to fight that). My dad asked about getting it back, and their price was ridiculous. They wanted 2800, and I told him before $1500 was my highest. So... I guess no part out. Sorry to all who already requested parts.

Now it is on the hunt for the next Jeep.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #39
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

You know.

I think this qualifies for being worse than what happened to Jerry.

Hope you find you a new jeep soon.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #40
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jesus, Thomas, glad you're ok... That must have been scary as hell to actually live through. Good luck finding a new Jeep!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
good_ol_boy
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I can't believe that I'm the first one to point this out, but I guess "LuckRider" fits you well! Glad you're ok man. Good luck on finding you another Jeep.

good_ol_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #42
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Once again guys, thanks for the support. As for being worse than Jerry, sadly, no. His is worse because he won't come out whole from his situation. I still plan to donate to the cause.

Scary as hell, I think I was more afraid of what would happen after than during. On my way home from class today, I took a look at the curve, and have determined in my mind that it had to have been either a blown tire or tierod. I could see where I started coming around the bend, and then where it just started to go straight. The tire marks in the grass show that to be true.

As for the name. I guess Luckrider does fit well. The funny part is that I came up with that name 11 years ago.

On a better note, I managed to get my light brackets and center console out. I also test drove a 2 2006 Jeeps, a TJ with a hardtop and an LJ with a soft top. They are both above my price range, but I just wanted to see what was out there. I do still have a hard top that is in brand new shape that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I guess I am saving that for the next one.

Anyways, I have noticed that my back feels better when I am out and about. My back is consistently warm which means that it really is a muscle cramp. I really do hope it is gone within a few days.
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #43
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Good to hear your OK. RIP Jeep. Its always fun starting a new project though.

My Youtube Channel

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
XJAbuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #44
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you are ok. Take your time when looking for the new baby. Make sure you check online. It took me 3 months to find mine.
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #45
Nicho
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you are not hurt and that no others were hurt in the incident.That looks like a bad one.
Nicho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.