How Did I Survive??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > How Did I Survive???

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #16
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Damn son, thats a man sized crash.

Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

AI DIOS MIA!!

Glad to hear your okay!
Your luck/angel or whatever the heck you wanna call it, did one helluva job keeping you (relativly) safe.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the support guys. The Jeep help up really well for a crash at about 50-55. The base for the light post that caused me to just the entrance was mounted in a solid chunk of concrete about 3'x4', and it was about 8" thick. I managed to move that about 2" without touching the pole itself. Surprisingly all 5 rims still look like they are in perfect shape minus the slashed tires around them

As for my angel, I am not sure how many times I saved by him:

These happened when I was 5:
Stung in the eye (the eye ball itself) by a yellow jacket, and I have no vision problems
Slid about 30' downhill on a gavel road taking all of the skin on my knees and elbows off
Falling about 12' off of a guard rail, and according to the people next to me, landing on my head.

I walked away from all of that.

More recently I had this accident, and back in December of 2008 (2 months after getting the Jeep), I was hit in the front driver's side wheel by a Nissan Maxima that was going about 55mph in a 40mph (he crossed into my lane to avoid a car that was making a right getting off the roadway). The Maxima had the front headlight pushed back to the firewall, and it gernaded the front axle of the Jeep.

I have to thank my blessings that I got a good guardian up there, or I would have been dead years ago.

Now it is time to find another one. Some crappy little eco box will get me killed.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Get a cj. Put in a full cage and harness.

Or if you want a car.

Get a Nova and put in a harness.

I've seen Novas take wrecks that would kill most cars and severely injure most jeeps and they just pulled out and drove home or to the hospital. There's a reason their called the Nova Tank.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
MisterO

wow that was scary.. i was lookin at new posts and BAM your pictures scared me.... this stuff happens and people die everyday from accidents. im glad your okay and i hope everything works out for the best. Good Luck and feel better
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #21
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJeep04 View Post
wow that was scary.. i was lookin at new posts and BAM your pictures scared me.... this stuff happens and people die everyday from accidents. im glad your okay and i hope everything works out for the best. Good Luck and feel better
Yeah, it just happened out of know where. Yesterday, I just kept thinking it was no big deal except having to deal with the insurance. Today, I look back, and I saw the Jeep again when grabbing my stuff, and I think, what would have happened if I was driving a mini, or if the new telephone pole wasn't there. They just put in a new telephone poll after there storm, and that is what spun me enough to have it sit on all fours rather than on my side. I barely clipped the corner, and I would have missed the old one completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingcrow View Post
Get a cj. Put in a full cage and harness.

Or if you want a car.

Get a Nova and put in a harness.

I've seen Novas take wrecks that would kill most cars and severely injure most jeeps and they just pulled out and drove home or to the hospital. There's a reason their called the Nova Tank.
There is no way I am getting a CJ as a DD. I think my back will be screwed for a while, and that would not help any. I also want something as reliable as what I had. I can take the Jeep of the road for a few days or a week when it is planned, but I can't be stuck stranded without planning for it. What I drive has to be bullet proof reliability, and I can't get that from a CJ for the money we are talking.

I will never buy a nova. I am not driving a beast of a car. If I am going to get 16mpg, I might as well enjoy it.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #22
MisterO

so you on the lookout for a new jeep now?

if you are, what are you gonna do different this time?
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #23
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Okay.
Get a Tj or whatever, full cage, cage to frame tie in, lots of extra bracing and gusseting, and add a harness.

And please for the love of Dios. DRIVE SAFELY!!!!

Can't sleep?
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #24
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I sure am on the lookout.

As for different, I would like a Rubi, but they are priced high. I am thinking after the $500 deductible I should get $14,500 plus $$ for the few upgrades. That should bring me back around $15k, but I want to buy it back. My next one definitely has to be a 4.0L. I am up for any tranny that is in there (the 42rle wasn't that bad, but I love stick). If I can't get a Rubi, I will at least try to snag a d44 in the rear. I am up for just about any color, but my mom saw a red one on the screen last night, and before I could say anything she said "No RED JEEPS." I don't really care for red anyways.

I would like something with a bit of modification, but nothing too extreme since it is my DD, and I would like to do the work myself, not take on someone's old project. I am hoping that after tax and intital tags for the next one that I will some some money left over. If I can work it out right, the old one might even become a trail rig. I know where there is a set of axles for free, and the motor has less than 23,000 on the clock. I could even swap that in to the new one and use the one from the replacement for the trail. I'm still not sure.

I have to many things to work out before I am sure. I just know that I will make sure we don't accept a check for anything less than $15k. $14.5k for the Jeep, $250 for the bumper, $100 for the side steps, $75 for the lights, and $130 plus labor for the liner (I already have someone working on that one for me).
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #25
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

This wreck must have messed up somthin in you, cause your typing used to be like perfect. Not now though.

Can't sleep?
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #26
MisterO

Quote:
This wreck must have messed up somthin in you, cause your typing used to be like perfect. Not now though.
haha
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #27
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Eh... probably the muscle relaxer they gave me. My whole body feels a bit funny, but at least most of the back pain is gone. I feel very stiff everywhere, but my arms feel floppy.

e-stalker
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #28
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

dude holy crap. That is just unlucky man. Very glad that you're okay, last thing I wanted to hear is JFs biggest post whore getting severely injured in a car accident I take shots at you here and there but damn man, nobody needs to be in that situation.

Get well man.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #29
AlterCow
2008 KK Liberty 

Props on living to shop another day. That is a hell of a wreck.
AlterCow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #30
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
dude holy crap. That is just unlucky man. Very glad that you're okay, last thing I wanted to hear is JFs biggest post whore getting severely injured in a car accident I take shots at you here and there but damn man, nobody needs to be in that situation.

Get well man.
It is all good... I am back on the hunt. I will miss that Jeep though. I have to disagree with you on one point. I would like to think of myself as a very lucky man. Everyone keeps saying I should be in a hospital bed or a wooden box right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterCow View Post
Props on living to shop another day. That is a hell of a wreck.
I got out lucky. It looks like there was a pretty bad flop as your avatar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.