Hit an Accord today... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Hit an Accord today...

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hit an Accord today...

the guy was at a stop light and i was pulling up behind him. the driver in front of him pulled forward but the guy in front of me didnt so i hit him. He needs a new rear bumper, rear tailgate/trunk door, and maybe a new light and some other stuff, idk. There is NO damage to my Jeep except for two scratches and the winch gaurd/mounting plate was bent backwards a little bit.

It just had to happen now....had plans to put subs in it and a few other things but then this happens and will cost anywhere from $2000-$5000 and my insurance will go up like crazy cause my company only insures the best drivers who have never had an accident or a ticket. I also got a $103 ticket for traveling unreasonably fast for conditions. The speed limit was 35, my passenger said i couldnt have been doing more than 25-30 but it was wet/raining.-

bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoman View Post
the guy was at a stop light and i was pulling up behind him. the driver in front of him pulled forward but the guy in front of me didnt so i hit him. He needs a new rear bumper, rear tailgate/trunk door, and maybe a new light and some other stuff, idk. There is NO damage to my Jeep except for two scratches and the winch gaurd/mounting plate was bent backwards a little bit.

It just had to happen now....had plans to put subs in it and a few other things but then this happens and will cost anywhere from $2000-$5000 and my insurance will go up like crazy cause my company only insures the best drivers who have never had an accident or a ticket. I also got a $103 ticket for traveling unreasonably fast for conditions. The speed limit was 35, my passenger said i couldnt have been doing more than 25-30 but it was wet/raining.-
Take it as a life lesson -- its not the end of the world and you can always shop around for auto insurance again in a few months. So were you completed stopped, or were you expecting him to take off so you didn't slow down as much as you needed to?
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Id say the guy in front went and the car he hit didnt. Its bad were I live, tards sit at a green for like 20 seconds before going. I really wish I could use my ARB for what it was designed for.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
Id say the guy in front went and the car he hit didnt. Its bad were I live, tards sit at a green for like 20 seconds before going. I really wish I could use my ARB for what it was designed for.
Or you could use the horn -- just think it might save a few bucks over the 10-15% increase in premiums for the next few years. I would think the "tard" in that case would be the idiot he hit a totally stopped car.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombino View Post
Take it as a life lesson -- its not the end of the world and you can always shop around for auto insurance again in a few months. So were you completed stopped, or were you expecting him to take off so you didn't slow down as much as you needed to?
Yeah he was stopped and the guy in front of him was like 30 feet ahead of him, so I assumed hed pull up and I didnt brake enough until it was too late. If he had pulled up the whole thing could have been avoided but of course its automatically my fault cause I hit him from behind.

At least it was a Honda not a Chevy or a Ford or anything..lol.
bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
njsjeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear about your acident, but it isn't just automatically your fault, it is totally your fault.
njsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Mtnduey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

reminds me of this time back in 2000 when I ran over an early 90's accord monster truck style with my YJ. Not on purpose mind you but this dumb lady switched lanes right in front of me and I went up and over her like she was nothing more than a speed bump.

Looking back on it now, It was really funny to pull over and see the tire marks go right up and over the back end of the honda accord.

What surprised me was how well my YJ handled it, gotta love a good suspension.

GL with the rising insurance rates, they suck but it only lasts 3 years

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.