deer on jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > deer on jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

deer on jeep

I didnt wreck the jeep...or the deer i guess but hit one on the way to school this morning. Broke the fender and crumpled my passenger side fender

Unread 11-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

tube fender upgrade time!!!
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thats exactly right
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
imjustbumin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

after you lift it about 4 inches, the deer explodes after you hit them. This happend to a friend of mine, he was going about 40 mph and bambi must have jumped in front of him... aparently he plowed through it. It splattered some blood on the windshield, the grill and hood, and it left a grease spot on the road... but the deer was in a few pieces. Its pretty cool that some cars can get demolished by a deer, and jeeps just cruise over top them. Well i guess its not cool for the deer but yeah
tube fenders are fun
imjustbumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
jluttrell68
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I hit a deer on my way home the other day going 50. Hit it with the driver's side of the bumper. Felt like hitting a speed bump going 50. Only thing that happened was my bumper was dented a tad and my cd skipped . In the VW golf I sold to buy my jeep, I'd probably either be hurt or carless.

The best thing was, my brand new JCR front bumper arrived the next day
jluttrell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
DeerTarget
2009 JK Wrangler 

Definitely agree that some vehicles are more affected than others in close encounters with the hooved rats. One month ago, my Honda ST1300 motorcycle, my wife, me, and a deer met at high noon, resulting in one dead (totaled) 800 lb motorcycle, one dead deer, and one fractured ankle (me) and one broken arm (wife). Exactly the reason I'm buying a Jeep this week- more protection than a motorcycle, but alot more fun than a regular cage-type car or truck!
DeerTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #7
KarenCaren

I think you really hit one just to get an upgrade. lol
KarenCaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #8
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

I only ever hit two deer the whole time I was in Minnesota. Came very close hundreds of other times, but only actually made contact twice. Once was in my wife's Neon. It was a glancing blow, so only minimal damage to the car. VERY lucky on that one.

The other I was driving my old rusted out 1981 Chevrolet K15 pickup. The stupid deer came out of nowhere. I think it was sleeping at the side of the road and I startled it awake. The only way I knew I'd hit it was the gut wrenching THUD from the right front corner, the slam through the steering wheel, and the double thump of the tires going over it. BTW, I was doing 55-65mph. I stopped to look at the carnage to the truck (I was worried about a punctured radiator as it was 40 below out and I was 10 miles from anything), and all that happened was my right turn signal in the bumper was cracked. There was enough deer meat on the undercarriage to make probably 20 pounds of deer sausage, but nothing was actually broken on the truck.

I looked back down the road and the deer was gone!! :O I don't think it made it very far, since I would say 50% of its muscles were still on my truck, but the ****er got up after all that!! I wanted to go kick it in the head for scaring the **** out of me, but it didn't even give me that satisfaction!!

To the OP, feel lucky that the only thing that happened to you was a bent fender. In Minnesota over 75% of the totaled vehicles are due to deer strikes. Think about that for a minute. Just how many people live in cities where deer don't live? How few people live out on the farms where deer do live? And 75% of the wrecks that total a vehicle out are due to hitting a deer? Holy **** that's a lot of dead bambi's!!

Think I'm kidding?
deer_vs_durango_1.jpg  
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
KarenCaren

waaaa... I'm lucky I haven't hit any deer.
KarenCaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
keithxmiller
1996 XJ Cherokee 

did you eat the deer for dinner?
keithxmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

the deer i hit kept running...

why are the lights on the durango still on???
Unread 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreampyro View Post
the deer i hit kept running...

why are the lights on the durango still on???
better question: where the hell did the deer come from? The sky? There is no frontend damage. Looks like it just fell from heaven.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
Mini-Me26
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
better question: where the hell did the deer come from? The sky? There is no frontend damage. Looks like it just fell from heaven.
Maybe it was in the middle of a jump when it was struck? Also, is that deer **** on the roof there?
Mini-Me26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I remember as a kid, my dad & I were heading back from the mountains on a hot summer day in his CJ with the top down & the doors off. He slammed in to some huge bird & feathers & guts flew all over us kids sitting in the back seat...
We got hosed off at a truck stop not far down the road..
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
vans9140
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i nicknamed my smitty built tube bumper my "deer killer" for such occasions ...

it probably makes me a terrible person, but its a good ice breaker for first dates ^_^
vans9140 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.