Close calls - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Close calls

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #16
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Many moons ago when I was 19, I was driving my first car, an RX-7, south of Moab on a two-lane road early in the morning. Or actually I was sleeping in the passenger seat and a hot girl I was dating was driving after I had been driving most of the night. She came around a corner to find a semi-truck that was in our lane. She went off the side of the road to go around the truck and she came back onto the road harder then she should have, which brought the rear end of the car around to the right. The car was sliding sideways and there happened to be a lifted red Toyota pickup following the semi (I can see that pickup in my head yet today) that we were headed straight for. Well she literally froze up. I happened to have just opened my eyes at that time, and I just reached over with my left hand and grabbed the steering wheel and turned it to the right, straightening the car and the pickup went right by us, about a foot away.

I remember saying, "Stop the car!" Wow did that wake me up! I took over driving, naturally.

I've thought back to that over the years and how if I hadn't of opened my eyes and reacted to the situation, we both would have died, no doubt about it. That was before airbags, and that pickup would have smashed that little car like a tin can.
I had something like that happen to me sorta. I was driving the 2000 Malibu Jeep won't start ha. But couple weeks ago me and my girlfriend drive out of town. coming back were on a highway in the middle of no where at 930 at night. there was this semi that had been riding me for miles going 65. I see head lights coming so I pay more attention to the road and them he's coming towards me. when he's about 20 feet infront of me I notice half his car is in my lane and he had his brights on it was just a blinding light. I'm **** I swerve to the shoulder my Gf was talking to me then goes why the **** did you do that. I'm like hush I look in the mirror I see that semi swerve and the white infinite hit the semis back two axles he said it tore on out. But I turned around to see if one them was ok to call police and ****. the parts from the infinite were all over 100 foot radius atleast. but if I didn't turn I would of died one way either from that car head on or the semi the infinite guy died there was another person that was behind the semi guess when semi locked the brakes he hit the back of the trailer and threw him into the incoming lane. He was fine. Sorry for no pictures I wasn't to worried about that. I was to busy thinking waiting to write a police report so the trucker had more proof it wasn't his fault. tip in driving is don't worry what your doing keep your eyes on other people like your driving on the road with a bunch of idiots. Pretty much what the road is full of but that's a different story.

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I was driving through a parking lot the day after we got the new JK. someone started to back into it and laid on the horn. Later joked with the wife that I should of let them hit me, then we could have used the insurance money towards the Poison Spyder bumper and fenders we have on order. I would not be a sleaze bag and let them do it on purpose, but I also wouldn't have been upset if it had happened.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.