Car landed on my Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Car landed on my Jeep

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
00tjtyler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i would put some big boulders there big enough to stop a big rig

Unread 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm surprised that you havent gone to the town/city and had them put up barriers.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #18
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

I looked in on my Jeep yesterday. All the ugly parts have been removed and it looks a bit skeletal but repairs are under way. Should be getting it back next week if all goes well.
We are going to talk to the city about speed bumps, rumble strips and or Armco. All of which would help. Unfortunately the best solution would be a guard rail directly in front of the driveway as that's the straight shot from the curve in the road. Would make it hard to get home though. LOL I'm liking the boulder too. Actually, thinking of giving up some of the width of the drive with a boulder on the approaching side and another boulder on the other edge of the drive where the errant car is likely to leave the road. That would make anything but a slow left right entry impossible. Sort of like a chicane at a race track.
Voyame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
EvantheBlue
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow that sucks dude ... I had a buddy who lived on a T intersection, after the fourth car coming fling into his living room he moved =)
EvantheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm not moving...too cool a place. Gonna fight back, with rocks. Really frickin big rocks! Well place too, building a chicane. The barbarians may be at the gate but they'll have to slow down and drive right to get in.
Repair shop says one more week and I'll be Jeepin again.
Voyame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #21
bbjsw10
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyame View Post
I'm not moving...too cool a place. Gonna fight back, with rocks. Really frickin big rocks! Well place too, building a chicane. The barbarians may be at the gate but they'll have to slow down and drive right to get in.
Repair shop says one more week and I'll be Jeepin again.
Hell make a course outta them while you are at it. Rock crawl in your yard now that would be sweet.
Unread 11-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

x2 that way i can bring my xj down and rock crawl in your yard tell them to hurry so we can ride.
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
1bad92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, kind of an old thread but I live in chatt. and was curious as to which curve your talking about. I had an old friend slide out of a curve and flip through ditch, died. His buddy lived though. Just curious if its the same one as the one im thinking of.
1bad92yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

That is crazy..
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.