Cant get a break - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Cant get a break

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 12-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
79chiefs
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Cant get a break

So a few months back i had a close call when a company truck clipped my tail light in the tunnel at work. Busted tail light only. Replaced both as the other seemed to have electrical issues.
Well I started parking in the parking garage and two weeks ago the same truck hit me. They guy had no license and was drunk, but the officer said driving on private property w/o a license is legal, not so much DUI.
Does not look bad but the rear end howls and grinds when cornering, also wobbles at higher speeds.
Busted tail light(the same that was hit before).
Need new door, quarter panel, quarter glass recently broke under stress from one bend in the metal, and new bumper.
They plan on totaling it. 8-12k damage>1.8K Jeep
They will buy me out for 1.8k but then i have no vehicle as my XJ broke down same day.
I offered to make them a deal give me 1.6k and i keep the vehicle. The adjuster told me it was a smart move.
I will keep it drop a whole new rear end in it and keep driving it. Along with ANOTHER tail light and glass.
Summer comes get a new bumper, bunch of bondo, and cheap paint job, and a door.

WHY CANT I ATTACH ANYMORE???????
Oh well I'll link 'em

79chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

That blows, but at least you can keep it. God I just hate stupidity. Hope they won't allow him to drive anymore. Drunk and in a truck = matter of time until he kills someone.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
79chiefs
1988 XJ Cherokee 

The excuse was private property, he can do as the boss asked.

They gave me just shy of $2,900 for it so I'm happy. I have $1,500 in it since i got it, oil changes included.
And i get to keep it for that price, i just get a salvage title, but that does not matter to me.
Ill rebuild the rear end as soon as it is said and done, replace the door and leave it at that for now.
79chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I wanted to do that with my Camry as it was totally fixable, and drove like on rails as the suspension was redone on it with TRD components. To buy a vehicle back here, you get the losing end of the stick unfortunately. Hope fixing it and getting it going again goes well for you!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.