Bad wreck thread. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Bad wreck thread.

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 12-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #46
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

yep its a commander. Damn that MUST have been fatal. I dont see how you could survive that.

ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #47
tjscoot00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
yep its a commander. Damn that MUST have been fatal. I dont see how you could survive that.
not to be gross or anything, but if you look close enough in the las picture where it is back on all four, you can see blood on the sheet that is covering the area.
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #48
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

These wrecks posted are horrible. And Divinitous, I can't imagine what that was like, that's sad.
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #49
paroxysym
2007 WK 

couple sad stories... nothing worse than hearing of a young girl or kid killed for driving reckless or for someone elses poor driving.
Unread 12-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #50
Ubergrob
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthejeeper View Post
This is why you have to respect the big rigs on the road...

This is one of those Smart Cars...not too smart now...

This is why you shouldn't drink and drive...

and this is what happens when you hit Bambi's father...( I can't believe the damage done!!!)

Incredible. Not sure how this is possible but I was present at the crash in the first picture. The one where the buick was T-Boned by the 18-Wheeler.

If memory serves it might have been in kentucky when we were on a road trip... There was a traffic jam... my dad is a doctor and he got out to help.

Two old ladies were in the car, the driver was killed instanty and the passenger was in critical condition.
Ubergrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 02:48 AM   #51
Ubergrob
1997 ZJ 

about the wrangler commander one... I'm thinking the wrangler had a green light. The Commander probably ran it and the wrangler probably hit its back end, enough to give a good deal of front end damage to the wrangler, but just clipping the commander. The commander then would have spun, the driver tried to compensate, probably made it worse, and wound up flipping it onto it's side the moment before it ran into the pole... probably 40-50 mph.
Ubergrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #52
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if you look the the commander was hit in the driver side door/fender and then hit the curb which sent it over in its side and into the light pole.

more than likely the driver of the commander didnt even have time to compensate because it was over and wrapped around the pole within a second or two. the TJ probably just spun but the commander is most likely at fault in this one. a slow driving TJ clipped by a speeding commander that ran the red light.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
Jeepster83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #53
madrabbitt

the commander one was posted before. It was a fatality.

And jumping on the wagon here:

Single vehicle rollover. I was actually about 2 miles past it when it went out over the radio, i u-turned on the median and responded. Vehicle went side over side 3 times, landing on its wheels. Driver got himself out, and when i got there, there was like 5 people wandering around picking up his stuff.

The car in front of me with the people around it was a 5 door honda fit. A pickup was pulling a second pickup on the highway, no lights on the towed vehicle, and it was traveling about 45mph on the highway (speed limit 70) the honda driver didnt see it and slammed into the back of it. I ended up crawling thru the tailgate to get behind the driver to apply c-spine imobilization.
Broke my "no more crawling into wrecked cars" new years resolution too.

Um. I duno. Random wreck i have a picture of in my photobucket.

And another.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #54
lifted89xj
1989 MJ Comanche 

i was headingup 15 into NY in my truck for work and i was talking to the other truckers on the cb and they said about white outs upstate ny. well the guy who i was chatting with he was heading up to rochester and he got caught by a white out and was killed along with 3 other people i think. it still haunts me to this day. we were bs'sn 1 hour beforehand. and now hes isnt comming home no more. that was 2 years ago.

i work for halliburton btw.

Alpinestars Racing Ahead....

HOOD VENT/ LOUVER SALE Click Below
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/...amaro-1020397/
lifted89xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 02:31 AM   #55
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

These are two wrecks we had in my town this summer.

I was putting a backboard under the PT with my LT. We rolled over over onto her back and her hand flopped over and she was missing quite a few important parts.

This was one a fatal.

The lawnmower you see pictured was being used at the time. He dove for his life and was fine. The driver of his car was lifestared and died before he made it to the bird. The door hanging in the picture is the drivers side door. The trunk was well over any average persons head.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #56
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

^ that bottom one is one of those funky Subaru's aint it?

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #57
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

It WAS a Subaru SVX. He hit that Mitsubishi in the back ground, and almost ran an 18 wheeler into a house.
Unread 12-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #58
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

^ Must have been haulin some serious ***. Those cars arn't half bad but people don't seem to get the whole equal and opposite reaction thing sometimes.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #59
SleddinJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Someones going to have to explain whats going on in that last picture. From the looks of it there was a head on with a walk behind mower...I know that is not the case. Did the SVX hit the Mitsu and pull a 180 into a tree? Please excuse the obvious stupidity, but I am rather confused.
Unread 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #60
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleddinJeeper View Post
Someones going to have to explain whats going on in that last picture. From the looks of it there was a head on with a walk behind mower...I know that is not the case. Did the SVX hit the Mitsu and pull a 180 into a tree? Please excuse the obvious stupidity, but I am rather confused.
I wish I could tell you. I believe the red car was headed northbound. The driver of the red car hit the silver car coming southbound and spun it around multiple times. The cops estimated the red car was going about 100-110 mph and the driver of the silver car said he was going a little bit over the speed limit, about 50mph (45 being the limit). Two people had to be cut out of the silver car, and the driver of the red car was a prolonged extrication and died before he got into lifestar.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.