Bad wreck thread. - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > Bad wreck thread.

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #211
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

^ awwwwwwwww

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #212
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectcircle View Post
I'm not watching to make sure (because it's late) but last time I saw that video, which was the original on TV...it clearly stated how unsafe the smartcar was and in that test it straight out said you'd die, and your family would die. Somehow, that seems like a very bad video for your defense
I saw it live the first time as well and they clearly said that it was unsafe full tilt into a concrete barrier. As any other compact car would be. But that the way the car held together compared to the other car (Peugeot I think) was impressive. All the audio is in that youtube video unaltered listen for yourself. Also I would have to feel offended in order to fell the need to defend myself.
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #213
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

As far as the Smart car goes, I don't care what anyone drives, but I expect the same consideration.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #214
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
4 yrs later

That was beautiful and what an awesome job you did. I'm sorry to see that! I have some classics in my family and it would be like cutting one's head off to see one wrecked...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #215
Liftedsahara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowwho View Post
my brother says the same thing... He is a cop here in philly and had a bad wreck about two years ago. He was out of work for about 5 or 6 months and his partner out for over a year. He is convinced that if he was driving an impala he would have been more seriouly hurt or killed.
His crown vic:
(headed to a officer involved shooting... Drunk driver ran a red light and pushed him into a steel utility pole.)

some pics that he took of his frinds cars over the past few years:

philly cops...
good ol' philly
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #216
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

wow!

Its like a Blues brother's movie
Unread 03-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #217
DIX03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow shame about that torino. glad to see no one was seriously injured
DIX03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #218
rentalguy1

At the intersection a half block from my house. Cop was in pursuit of some d-bag, and had to blow the intersection. The old man never heard the siren or saw the lights, even though the cop slowed down and laid on the air horn coming in to the intersection. This is the result. They took him to the hospital, but he was fine and back on the job the next day.

This is from last December's snow storm. Not gruesome, but something that can happen very easily to someone who over estimate's their ability to drive on a snowy road. Guy was coming down a not very steep hill, and hit the brakes to stop at the bottom. Well, he stopped, but it was in a six foot deep ditch about 20' before the intersection. Moral is to slow down and choose your route carefully in snowy weather. This rule applies to Jeeps, too.

Not a wreck at all, but it's the closest I've came. This is my dumb-assery of not draining the engine block on my first inboard boat. I was used to outboards, so I put the outdrive down and thought all the water was drained after I winterized it. The crappy part was the boat was brand new, and had less than 20 hours on it. At least the shop was able to stop drill and weld all three cracks in the block. Thank God for multiple freeze plugs.

rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #219
Foxwakeboarder
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well im 20 yrs old and just seeing these stories! I can garuantee i will slow my *** down now!!
Foxwakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #220
el_pedro
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwakeboarder View Post
Well im 20 yrs old and just seeing these stories! I can garuantee i will slow my *** down now!!
same here!
el_pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #221
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ok i'll share some...

dunno... didnt ask... just did my job and left.
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #222
el_pedro
1990 XJ Cherokee 

OUCH! is it me, or are those cars nearly identical?
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #223
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_pedro View Post
OUCH! is it me, or are those cars nearly identical?
lincoln, mustang and a ford something... i think. I dunno.
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #224
el_pedro
1990 XJ Cherokee 

in that shape, it's hard to tell! didn't notice the mustang... duh
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #225
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Does not look like the Mustang was part of the accident...maybe a passerby who decided to help...

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.