04 Liberty, 3 vehicles totaled - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Carnage & Wrecks > 04 Liberty, 3 vehicles totaled

MEMORIAL DAY SALE! Save up to 50%!1993-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (6 Piece) Headlight, Corner 1997-1999 Jeep Wrangler Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold &

Unread 01-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
codycat91

04 Liberty, 3 vehicles totaled

So a few years back, I had an '04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition. I was going about 60mph following a pickup truck on a busy 4 lane highway when the pickup truck ran into the back of a stopped car. At those speeds, I barely had time to realize what just happened in front of me, let alone even begin to think about braking. So to make a long story short, there were two people in the stopped car that were transported to the hospital, two in the pickup truck were transported, and I signed off at the scene. The only injury I suffered was some general pain and a little seat belt rash. I consider myself very lucky, and have nothing but positives to say about the safety of the jeep. By looking at the carnage and the mechanism of injury, I'm still surprised nobody was killed. Being a part of emergency services myself, I have seen much worse injuries from less serious accidents.

I'm back in the market now for a new Jeep, so I joined and figured I would share my story. Enjoy

Here you can see the rear end of car #1 just to the left of the red pickup.

codycat91 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
Jeep32
2002 WJ 

Damn dude you hit him hard! Glad you were ok! frame on his truck folded like a taco!
Unread 01-25-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow im very impressed with the damage on the jeep. Looks like it crushed exactly where they designed it to. Glad to hear everybody came out alright.
Unread 01-31-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchconley View Post
Wow im very impressed with the damage on the jeep. Looks like it crushed exactly where they designed it to. Glad to hear everybody came out alright.
Exactly!

And wow, that crosses my mind from time to time if traffic were to come to an immediate stop. Sorry about the Liberty! (Same color and year as mine.) Glad you are okay!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.