WindRock Octiber !7 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > WindRock Octiber !7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 10-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #61
Jon00XJ

Just so everyone knows the only easy rated trails at windrock are the main gravel ones. Every trail is Rated either Moderat or difficult and a think a few Extreme.

Dont let that scare ya though I took my XJ back when it was a stocker and had a blast.

Unread 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #62
TNeustadt
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say all trails depend on conditions. 16, 2, 22 are easy for a stock Jeep if dry. When wet, mud tires alone will get you through. 3 is a scenic drive until you come to the creek crossing. Remember...it is a Jeep! Should be fun and lots of support with 'ya.
Unread 10-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #63
Zjeeplover
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It's going to be super soggy this weekend. My tires are pretty worn so I'm not sure if I'll be in attendance or not.
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #64
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjeeplover View Post
It's going to be super soggy this weekend. My
tires are pretty worn so I'm not sure if I'll be in attendance or not.
I'm bringin a 30ft snatch strap. I'm sure one of us will be able to get you through/around most of the trails.. Don't let a little moisture keep ya from comin out.

-Chad-
3" Teraflex Lift w/flex arms-TF Front ADJ trackbar- 35" MTR's w/kevlar-17" rubicon moabs-Spider trax 1.5" spacers-AEV Procal-weather tech floor liners-Daystar upper dash panel and hood wranglers-Misch arm rest and center console armrest pad.

Factory options/Dana 44 rear w/3.73 gears/rear E-locker/front E-swaybar disco
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #65
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChad View Post
I'm bringin a 30ft snatch strap. I'm sure one of us will be able to get you through/around most of the trails.. Don't let a little moisture keep ya from comin out.

-Chad-

X2...I'm sure there will be plenty of tow straps and winches
Unread 10-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #66
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Just so everyone knows the only easy rated trails at windrock are the main gravel ones. Every trail is Rated either Moderat or difficult and a think a few Extreme.

Dont let that scare ya though I took my XJ back when it was a stocker and had a blast.
You have to take the windrock trail ratings with a grain of salt. They depend on conditions (already mentioned) and even accounting for that they are a rough guide at best. Stay away from Extreme for sure - lol - but otherwise, just use good judgement.
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #67
Jon00XJ

Well looks like I may not be going. driveshaft decided to crap out on me today so now im replacing that and Tcase fluid as we speak because I dont have a sye so all the fluid spilled out. lovely day to say the least
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #68
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Well looks like I may not be going. driveshaft decided to crap out on me today so now im replacing that and Tcase fluid as we speak because I dont have a sye so all the fluid spilled out. lovely day to say the least
Dang that sucks.. Hope you can get it squared away.. Any luck?
3" Teraflex Lift w/flex arms-TF Front ADJ trackbar- 35" MTR's w/kevlar-17" rubicon moabs-Spider trax 1.5" spacers-AEV Procal-weather tech floor liners-Daystar upper dash panel and hood wranglers-Misch arm rest and center console armrest pad.

Unread 10-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #69
rayzdjp1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'll Be There!!!

OK... got my u-bolts replaced, I'm ready to roll!! I'll see ya'll @ Snack Shack between 9:30-10:00.
Unread 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #70
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChad View Post
Dang that sucks.. Hope you can get it squared away.. Any luck?
finished it up at 3 am last night so im ready to rock and roll.
Unread 10-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #71
Jon00XJ

Alright guys just a reminder the Cleveland group will be meeting at the old walmart (paul huff and keith) at 8 am. I expect to be on the interstate at 815-820. See you guys there
Unread 10-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #72
Jon00XJ

Well guys this trip seemed to be a sucsess. Even though I had to dip out 3/4 through the first trail. From what I hear 16 ended up being a doozy.

If anyone got any pics or vids post them up I would like to see them. I know Tellicotj has a video of me almost rolling lol.
Unread 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #73
Zwildm30
1998 ZJ 

Sorry I didnt get to wheel with you guys. By the time I had all of my stuff ready you guys were already gone and I didnt know what trail you went on. My friends and I did 13, 34, and part of 23. I run 23 up to where it t'd off at 8. That was a slick and rutted out trail. Almost put it on its side twice. I did learn that I deffinately need lockers.

http://www.proshooter.org/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #74
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man, i was hopin you saw where I turned off at to go on 22.. I don't know there trails that well and didn't have a map. Really hate that you did catch up to us.. Once I get more familar with the trails. I'll start leadin some trails and make sure no one is left behind.

My pics are loading up as i type. :-)

-Chad-

Unread 10-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #75
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwildm30 View Post
Sorry I didnt get to wheel with you guys. By the time I had all of my stuff ready you guys were already gone and I didnt know what trail you went on. My friends and I did 13, 34, and part of 23. I run 23 up to where it t'd off at 8. That was a slick and rutted out trail. Almost put it on its side twice. I did learn that I deffinately need lockers.
Was you in the black grand in your ACU's?

anyway these are the only two pics I got sat.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.